Need Suggestions on DVD Player

andy78

Hi Guys need a DVD Player for one of my friends, it needs to play VCD, DVD and play most of the popular formats so that whatever videos available on youtube internet can be played on it. If USB support is there it will be great.

Hi Guys need a DVD Player for one of my friends, it needs to play VCD, DVD and play most of the popular formats so that whatever videos available on youtube internet can be played on it. If USB support is there it will be great.

There are several DVD Players with USB in the market but unfortunately most of them do not support all of the popular formats from USB. If you want to play video in all formats from usb you might need a media player.

Main thing is he will watch lot of movies from 60's & 70's. Most is these are available on YouTube but it's pain converting them to DVD format so that it plays on his current DVD player. If the player supports multiple formats but doesn't support USB I'm fine.

Buying a DVD player today is a waste of time. You should go in for a Blu-ray player. All Blu-ray players can play DVDs and VCDs. Most of them are also region free for DVDs.

Getting to play media on DVD/Blu-ray players is tricky. Nearly all the players are limited in terms of media playing capability.

The best and only way to overcome this is to build a minimal HTPC that has aa DVD/Blu-ray player. With this unit you can play anything you want. And, you can watch Youtubes online.

Cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back