Need to know which is better Tannoy Tfx 5.1 or Wharfedale diamond 220 with sub and s

Yatish1

Need to know about
Is it suitable to have book shelf speakers in 10 15 Room where I have limited space. I was planning to go for wharfad
Diamond 220 and if not these then tannoy tfx 5.1 because of their smaller size. Need to take a decision by keeping long horizon of not changing the same and planning to buy Denon 1300 or Pioneer Vsx 1131.

Kindly give advise on the same.

Re: Need to know which is better Tannoy Tfx 5.1 or Wharfedale diamond 220 with sub a

Hi Yatish
If you can post an image of your room people may be able to provide better suggestions. What are your requirements, movies vs music?

And by wharfedale diamond 220 you mean the entire 5.1 package which costs more than 125k or just the front left and right?

The tfx 5.1 and wharfedale diamonds can't be compared really as the diamonds are in a different league altogether.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Re: Need to know which is better Tannoy Tfx 5.1 or Wharfedale diamond 220 with sub a

70% Movies and 30% Music is generally I listen
I am looking for 220 diamond for front and 220 C For center and small diamond speakers for surround.
Overall costing of the same is around 78k including Sub.

Also any other option which is good in this 75k range?

Hi Yatish

Audition and check all models of speakers that meet your appearance requirement in terms of sizing ....then decide on the AVR.....if you are on a tight budget for both AVR and Speakers, you can also look for pre owned systems available in For Sale by Owner section or OLX or HiFi Ads....

You should check out the Boston A26 5.1 package.

In the said configuration lots of options available from 50k to 100k like as
1. Monitor Audio Bronze 2/1/Center
2. Dali Zenser 3/1/Vokal
3. WD 225/220/220c
4. Elac B6/B5/C5
5. Polk RTIA 3/1/CSiA4
6. Boston Acoustic A26/A25/225c
Now choose as per your sound signature, Budget, Placement, Amplifier
WD/Polk/MA are front ported and can be place next to wall
Dali/Elac/BA are back ported hence need same space behind.
None of them can be wall mount as most of them are Bulky and heavy.
Elac/WD/BA are warmer
Dali/MA/Polk are Brighter
MA/Dali/WD appreciated for Music
Polk for Movies
BA for Value for Money
Elac best of both.
Hope this information may help you.
Visit What Hi-fi show in Mumbai on 03-05 March 2017. You may see all products under one roof.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back