Wharfedale Diamond 121s connected in stereo

Requirement:
Blu-ray playback
3D blu-ray playback
Very good picture + Sound Quality
Major USB playback support

Budget : 10-15k

Question is :

1) Would getting an Internal bluray burner for PC be a good idea or get a standalone BDP ?
2) If standalone player is better than Internal bluray how much better would it be ?
3) If the internal bluray drive option is suggested , how good will the 3D viewing experience be, and would my GPU's HDMI be sufficient for the SQ ?
4) If Internal Drive is picked ill have to walk upto pc to seek or pause movies, is there an alternative to this ?

Thanks in advance guys

1. If you want ease of use go for BDP. If you want a low cost region free Blu-Ray solution go for BD drive. You can get a BD writer for around 5K where as a region free 3D BDP will cost you more than 10K. It is also not easy to make BDPs region free.

2. I have not done a side by side comparison of BDPs and PC based BD player, but IMO PQ should be the same for Blu-Ray disk contents.

3. 3D Playback is good in BD drives, but the system may feel sluggish during 3D resolution (1080p, 24Hz). This does not affect the playback performance though.

4. Get a basic PC remote control or better use your android or iphone as the remote.

Thanks for the reply @baijuxavior, really appreciate your help

Any BD writers and PC remote control you could suggest ? or a link from where i can procure all writers i see are 9kish

and also if i add a Sound card will the SQ be better than the HDMI router via GPU

Thanks so much for the reply mate, im gonna buy the model quoted off Ebay @7K

also would you suggest adding a Soundcard for better SQ ? or will that have issues as i use an AVR, or will it be an added advantage, im completely a noob at this :(

if yes which sound card would you suggest ? would it be Sound card to AVR over optical ?

Sound card not needed fro movies. For songs may be you can add a sound card or usb dac and use the analog outs for better sound.

Current Setup :
PC connected to Denon x1000 avr via Nvidia 580 GPUs HDMI
Sony 42W800A 3D tv with passive 3D
Wharfedale Diamond 121s connected in stereo

Requirement:
Blu-ray playback
3D blu-ray playback
Very good picture + Sound Quality
Major USB playback support

Budget : 10-15k

Question is :

1) Would getting an Internal bluray burner for PC be a good idea or get a standalone BDP ?
2) If standalone player is better than Internal bluray how much better would it be ?
3) If the internal bluray drive option is suggested , how good will the 3D viewing experience be, and would my GPU's HDMI be sufficient for the SQ ?
4) If Internal Drive is picked ill have to walk upto pc to seek or pause movies, is there an alternative to this ?

Thanks in advance guys

The modern home theatre systems have become an integral part of ones home. Most DVD players these days come with Bluray service that can handle many types of disc-based media like Bluray, DVDs and CD. This DVD player also provides users with the facility to use streaming-media players that support apps like Netflix and Pandora. Each of these DVD players are easy to use and give amazing streaming features. Some of the most preferred home theatre systems have been highlighted below. Must read more about it here.

Hi Guys i bought the LG WH14NS40 Bluray burner and i have a sony 42W800a tv, connected to pc via nvidia gtx 580, i bought a 3D bluray disk of avatar from snapdeal, im able to play 2d but not 3d, i tried Powerdvd 13 as well but to no avail, where as all the rips with SBS work absolutely fine,

will a 3d bluray give better immersion than SBS 3d files ??

You can play 3d disks if your gpu is 3d capable. Just enable setreoscopic 3d support in nVidia control panel. Try players like TMT or WinDVD also.

Last edited:
Hi Baijuxavior, thanks for replying, the steroscopic 3d support option is unavailable in Nvidia control panel

edit : got it working, had to reinstall driver

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back