• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Need Used Marantz CD6005 for upto 20K

Mogami Cables

AnthonyZ

Hi,

I need used Marantz CD6005 for up to 20K, as long as it is doing its job. Little hesitant to go for disc player as the trend is declining hence don't want to invest more.

Thanking you,
Anthony

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

efernand1

Hi

Check Quikr, someone selling a Marantz CD Player for 14/15k.....I think he may be a forum member

hifipal4all

Hello Anthony ... If you have decided not to stretch your budget beyond 20K for a CDP, I strongly recommend to consider the following DAC posted by a FM manniraj instead of a CDP ...

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/60843-audio-gd-nfb15-32-dac-headphone-amplifier.html

The DAC has all the inputs that you need ...
USB input to connect a desktop/laptop
Coax input to connect a Disc player
Additional Optical input to connect a media player or any other digital source

The pairing of a basic entry-level CDP or a DVD/Blu-ray player in the price range of 5 to 6K as a transport + this DAC will sound far better than any CDPs within the price range of 25K.

Additional advantages:
1) A decent quality headphone output
2) If you are using only digital sources then you do not need an integrated or a pre-amplifier ... The DAC's volume control will act as a preamplifier and a power amplifier can be directly to the analog outputs of this DAC ... By this method of connection, the signal path will become shorter and the output will be more neutral/cleaner
3) The FM (seller) is based out of Bangalore ... You can connect with him thru PM, audition the DAC at his place and take a decision ... Cheers

Last edited:

AnthonyZ

Hi,

Thanks for the direction....seems interesting piece which I wanted to experience but now sold out (waiting for payment).

Have a nice day!
-Anthony

amit11

The pairing of a basic entry-level CDP or a DVD/Blu-ray player in the price range of 5 to 6K as a transport + this DAC will sound far better

I have slight confusion here and still not very clear on this since long. I have read few threads before but the question still remains in my mind.
Will state my understanding of what normally people say about "CD Transport + DAC".

--> normal cd player will have a normal quality chip inside it
--> even though we couple it with a DAC and use the cd player just for transport, and even though the data transmitted is digital, the quality to some extent (if not fully) is affected upon the chip of the transporter aswell
--> Due to this, audiophiles prefer an expensive cd transport over a cheap one even though it might be used simply as a transport.

rameshauditor

Hi,

I need used Marantz CD6005 for up to 20K, as long as it is doing its job. Little hesitant to go for disc player as the trend is declining hence don't want to invest more.

Thanking you,
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I have Mz CD5005 recently purchased. Would you interest please send PM.:)

AnthonyZ

Hi Ramesh,

Unfortunately CD5005 do not have USB :eek:, so I'm looking for CD6005 or a DAC (have posted a separate thread).

I'm seriously exploring 3rd (cheap but economically better option):-
Media Player(perhaps BDP-180) + External HDD + FiiO D03K dac. Will buy good DAC (m-dac, teac,irdac) whenever I get a chance to visit abroad.

Regards,
Anthony

rameshauditor

Hi Ramesh,

Unfortunately CD5005 do not have USB :eek:, so I'm looking for CD6005 or a DAC (have posted a separate thread).

I'm seriously exploring 3rd (cheap but economically better option):-
Media Player(perhaps BDP-180) + External HDD + FiiO D03K dac. Will buy good DAC (m-dac, teac,irdac) whenever I get a chance to visit abroad.

Regards,
Anthony

Ok friend, hope you will get soon..,:)

ketanpote69

I got a Teac cd player would u be intrested condition 10/10 less used because doesn't play mp3 with remote n box n accessories