Need your suggestions for power Amp.

Rithvik

Hi Friends- I have a Denon 3808 AVR and it is powering my bi-amped Polk RTI A7 speakers, including a 5.1 polk audio speaker setup. I mostly listen to streamed music and feel i can get more juice out of my tower speakers and am thinking of using the preouts on my AVR to power my tower speakers.

Any suggestions on what combination would work for me and am open to a buying a used amp.

TIA..

You can look at the Platinum Saptak Mono block from IndiqAudio. They have a 2 and a 4 channel. I am using the 4ch and very happy with it. They pack a lot of juice and priced really well for that kind of specs.
It goes really well for music as well as movies. I am using it purely for music purposes but I think FM @fLUX is using it for both movies as well as music.

Since you are in Bangalore, it’s definitely worth auditioning it at their experience Center to get a clear idea on how it performs by yourself.

Last edited:
You can look at the Platinum Saptak Mono block from IndiqAudio. They have a 2 and a 4 channel. I am using the 4ch and very happy with it. They pack a lot of juice and priced really well for that kind of specs.
It goes really well for music as well as movies. I am using it purely for music purposes but I think FM @fLUX is using it for both movies as well as music.

Since you are in Bangalore, it’s definitely worth auditioning it at their experience Center to get a clear idea on how it performs by yourself.

Hi Rithvik,

I use the Saptak for both purposes and it works great for both movies & music alike. Things which I noticed on switching to a PA over the AVR for music was I could immediately notice lows become much better, there was a bigger soundstage and better instrument seperation as against the AVR. Another advantage of going for the IndiQ Saptak is that they offer a 15 day return period post purchase if you dont like the amplifier, 3 years warranty extendable to 5 years. I think its well worth the price of 89k being a class AB amplifier and performance as well.

If budget is a problem you can try the Crown XLS 1502 also which is a Class D amplifier and is about 25k, i find this to pair well with my Dynaudio Emit M20 but not so well with the Focals. The M20 are slightly laidback and warmer compared to the Focals and Polk are supposed to be even brighter than both so not too sure how the pairing will be.

Either ways I am sure you will be extract much more juice out of the Polk RTI A7 with both the power amps mentioned above vs the AVR.

Thanks @Prodigy. I can check them out.. do uou think it will be a good combo for my setup?
I think it will be a good combo because the PA has too much to offer when it comes to music or be it movies. I have not tried for movies though. I have no experience with other PA’s so cannot comment but then specs wise it’s very good and I don’t think if there are any other brands that offers similar spec at 89K.
You get to try it out for 15 days and for me that’s a great USP.
You may reach out to Amit and his number is listed on the website and he should be able to give you more details on compatibility with your speakers.

The sound signature is very clean though and has great instrument separation. I have tried on both tube as well as solid state pre amps and had no issues.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back