Netflix on Panasonic DMP-BDT230

genopv

I don't see a netflix application in my Panasonic DMP-BDT230 which I bought here in Bangalore. The US version seem to have a dedicated Netflix button! Well that would have been for a reason.

I would like to know how I could install Netflix on the Indian edition of DMP-BDT230. I tried changing the DNS of the player to that of a VPN [unblockus]. Still I don't see the application in the market :mad:. Does this come as part of the updates?

Thanks in Advance :)

I don't see a netflix application in my Panasonic DMP-BDT230 which I bought here in Bangalore. The US version seem to have a dedicated Netflix button! Well that would have been for a reason.

I would like to know how I could install Netflix on the Indian edition of DMP-BDT230. I tried changing the DNS of the player to that of a VPN [unblockus]. Still I don't see the application in the market :mad:. Does this come as part of the updates?

Thanks in Advance :)

Netflix is a legal streaming service only in US and not in India. So any device that supports Netflix will be available in US but not in other countries. But you get the same either on the laptop or other media players (blu-ray players as well) that have this feature in-built by changing the DNS service names as listed in one of the threads on this forum.

Thats what I also said look for the thread where the FMs are able to stream Netflix in India thru the DNS or some VPN server based out of India. But as you brought the player in India you will not have the Netflix app and you cannot just install the firmware of US or any other region to get this app as the player is built to specific region. You may brick the player if you do that. The FMs who are able to stream are doing it either on the media player or a blu-ray player of the US version which has the Netflix app built-in. But using the chrome browser you can get this app streamed by changing the DNS or the VPN route. I think the Chrome browser has a plugin to do the streaming.

Thats right, the indian players do not have the netflix option, facing the same issue on my samsung tv also. The players bought from US has that option. My remote even has a default netflix button to start the same. The US DNS and other entries will come in handy if you have the app already installed. Otherwise you may need to google to find out if there is any way to get netflix working on your player.

There are a number of Apps which allow you set up a VPN to get a US IP on a chargeable basis - approx $7/Month. On top of that you have to pay Netflix charges.

Thanks Folks! Not getting much lead on how to get it done with my current device. I have apple tv on cards, so might as well get it from US - hopefully it comes pre-installed with netflix.

Thanks Folks! Not getting much lead on how to get it done with my current device. I have apple tv on cards, so might as well get it from US - hopefully it comes pre-installed with netflix.

I see from your signature that you have the WDTV, so try and see whether you can get the app installed on this media player as Sam9s is using similar media player to stream Netflix in India. Or else the other simpler method is what I suggested in my earlier post, use a laptop with Chrome browser with the Netflix plugin it works perfectly but as some of the FMs have pointed out it takes around 30min of streaming to get you to the 720p quality otherwise its good and I have tried and watched some movies using a PC.

There seem to be a country setting would try that in the evening.

If you are changing the country setting please ensure that you have the network settings changed before that. From past experience as soon as you change the country settings, the player will try and connect to the US server to get confirmation of the region it is in. If the DNS settings are already changed it should work fine and it should download the netflix app. That's how i did it on my Sony player.

So ensure that you have the dns entries and network setup properly before changing the country. On the latest gen WD tv netflix works fine, have been using the same for some time now. Also its better to go for some other player than Apple tv if you are planning to watch netflix.

No luck for me yet. There is no country setting in the Setup!! Yet to try WDTV. Had to rewire the surround speakers, had to spend most time on that. Would try again this week or weekend.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back