Network Isolator and switch, yes, they work!

Interesting! Ethernet offers galvanic isolation by design. All connections are already transform coupled. That said, how much this kind of gadget impacts sound fidelity, IMHO, is debatable.

@mbhangui your thoughts?
There is lot of marketing mumbo jumbo which makes me suspicious. Clock is the only thing that sounded non-gimmicky.

Things that raised my antenna and eyebrows

1. Radar grade power supply. If the radar grade power supply is so good why does it say connect an LPS to 12v DC power jack to upgrade the power supply? See the image below
2. high permeability EMI absorber (whatever that means)
3. Reformed-circuit design to reduce the mechanical noise, with medical grade power adapter to generate the stabilized power to carry high-frequency network data. Now I wonder if there is a low-frequency network data?

An important point is to know how streamers work. All streamers will buffer data and it is from the buffer it goes to the DAC where again some data get buffered. So regardless of the quality of lan cables, the quality of switch, data will reach the DAC without the lan cable, network switch affecting the music playback. Also all bits will reach exactly equal to the original. The network protocols are very robust and there is enough error correction that happens. However, lan switches, cables do transmit EMI and how this can affect your downstream equipment is too complex and I really don't have the means to prove/disprove or quantify the effect of EMI. A good quality power supply, good clock in the switch can definitely reduce the noise. But how much this noise can affect audio quality is not something I have the means to comment upon due to lack of knowledge.

There is one claim of this company I can verify. What I will do is download their vitos which they claim is superior to others.

It does make me interested to see if they can back their claims. In their spec sheets they show latency far lower than arch linux. Surprisingly vitos is itself based on arch linux as can be seen from this discussion https://community.roonlabs.com/t/silent-angel-vitos/90551/29. But the problem I see here is that the OS hasn't been updated for more than a year and lot has happened with the linux kernel since then.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Most of these issues can be gotten rid of if one uses an sfp cable and a media converter before the streamer/pc.

No need to spend oodles of money. All one needs is galvanic isolation. The media converter can be fed using an LPSU.

I use a not super expensive Ubiquiti Edgerouter X in switch mode. I use the SFP port on it to connect my PC.

There is lot of marketing mumbo jumbo which makes me suspicious. Clock is the only thing that sounded non-gimmicky.

1. Radar grade power supply. If the radar grade power supply is so good why does it say connect an LPS to 12v DC power jack to upgrade the power supply? See the image below
3. Reformed-circuit design to reduce the mechanical noise, with medical grade power adapter to generate the stabilized power to carry high-frequency network data. Now I wonder if there is a low-frequency network data?

An important point is to know how streamers work. All streamers will buffer data and it is from the buffer it goes to the DAC where again some data get buffered. So regardless of the quality of lan cables, the quality of switch, data will reach the DAC without the lan cable, network switch affecting the music playback. Also all bits will reach exactly equal to the original. The network protocols are very robust and there is enough error correction that happens. However, lan switches, cables do transmit EMI and how this can affect your downstream equipment is too complex and I really don't have the means to prove/disprove or quantify the effect of EMI. A good quality power supply, good clock in the switch can definitely reduce the noise. But how much this noise can affect audio quality is not something I have the means to comment upon due to lack of knowledge.

There is one claim of this company I can verify. What I will do is download their vitos which they claim is superior to others.

It does make me interested to see if they can back their claims. In their spec sheets they show latency far lower than arch linux. Surprisingly vitos is itself based on arch linux as can be seen from this discussion https://community.roonlabs.com/t/silent-angel-vitos/90551/29. But the problem I see here is that the OS hasn't been updated for more than a year and lot has happened with the linux kernel since then.
View attachment 72004
I wouldnt know the technical parlances that accompany the brochures and the actual mechanics of all these lovely gadgets. Me being a layman the moot point is "bas mazaa aana chahiye" and i can vouch for the "mazaa" bit when i added the SOtM sNH 10G switch and a SOtM iSO cat6 to the chain :)
Cheers!
Anand

I got this yesterday, plugged it in, and yes, it worked as advertised. I think, ultimately it removes hum and that makes the music sound relaxed with distinctive notes.

I tried this on my Integra DHC 80.6 and yes, the difference is perceivable very easily. Based on what I heard, I would place this in 'MUST HAVE' category.

It appears that a similar kind of product is available in India at here.

A few days ago, I added the Bonn8 network switch powered by an LPS. The promo writeups by the seller may contain mumbo jumbo, but it worked wonders. Some may say its just the clock that does the trick, others may credit the LPS and the psychological conditioning of the listener. To me, it just sounds way better and I'm glad I went ahead and bought it :)

If read my messages carefully, I have provide the links there. I got it from Amazon and looks like similar kind of product is available in India.
Yes saw the link but it was taking to Amazon.com and was showing can not be shipped to India. That’s why checking if u have bought from somewhere else.

Yes saw the link but it was taking to Amazon.com and was showing can not be shipped to India. That’s why checking if u have bought from somewhere else.
Ok. I have mentioned another link that shows a similar product may be available in India too. Here it is.

View attachment 72004
I logged in again, after a long time and saw this thread. First sensible reply is yours. Good to see this!
Rant:
1. As long as, long distance signals stay in "digital world" they rule. Reasons, being well established TCP implementations and even various tuning variants which have their own parameters to optimise for requirement.
2. Other interferences (except EMI b0mb) can't affect non mission critical devices, because the acceptable error rate by most manufacturers is way low than our expectations. And EMI affects analogue devices too. So, if EMI is a problem... Better, protect electrical and connected devices first.
3. A dumb device (full electronic or maybe an electric device... link from OP) can't do anything in digital world.
4. Analogue is way superior than, the digital world can ever imagine, in short distance (At least in context of signals)!!!
5. If, one is streaming content. The focus should be on latency and bandwidth, and maybe subscription plans .Everything else is already being taken care by basic devices.
6. There were either placebo affected folks or the folks who bought snake oil.
7. Good DAC (that's where magic happens) and brilliant speakers are atlas of music devices.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back