Network streamer with HDD connection and mobile app support

Jatintan007

I am really confused and wana buy value for money Network streamer with HDD connection support upto 2-4 TB and mobile app support to access file on HDD..

I found only Bluesound node 2i support this functionality but it’s very expensive.

please guide with other options Available.

1. Consider a small PC. Either build one or get an Intel NUC or something. Even a laptop. But do remove all except essential software.
2. https://acousticportrait.com/product/swara-m2rpi/
3. Look at Allo

Go through the "Computer Audio" and "Media & Streaming Players" sections.

This thread will help.

1. Consider a small PC. Either build one or get an Intel NUC or something. Even a laptop. But do remove all except essential software.
2. https://acousticportrait.com/product/swara-m2rpi/
3. Look at Allo

Go through the "Computer Audio" and "Media & Streaming Players" sections.

This thread will help.
Already seen 3 I checked but looking for solutions which are product by some good company

I am really confused and wana buy value for money Network streamer with HDD connection support upto 2-4 TB and mobile app support to access file on HDD..

I found only Bluesound node 2i support this functionality but it’s very expensive.

please guide with other options Available.
Best VFM streamer - chromecast audio if you can find one

HDD support on the streamer itself is a moot point - you can always plug your HDD into a NAS enclosure or your router to make it available across your entire network
if your current router does not support usb drives, it will be a lot cheaper to upgrade it than to limit your search to a streamer that does

Best VFM streamer - chromecast audio if you can find one

HDD support on the streamer itself is a moot point - you can always plug your HDD into a NAS enclosure or your router to make it available across your entire network
if your current router does not support usb drives, it will be a lot cheaper to upgrade it than to limit your search to a streamer that does
Will this be a lossless playback ?

You may look for android TV box with optical/coaxial , USB I/O, HDMI etc ports. You can use Kodi app to access HDD. You may also use Google play store to install and enjoy different music and movies streaming services . I have not personally use it but use Kodi on my Laptop and have major movies and music streaming apps installed on Laptop.

I already have cc audio with 3.5 optical to normal optical cable.
CCA can do local lossless.
A shared hard drive on the LAN will by definition always be a lossless mechanism

I am not sure what DAC you use but you may actually be better off using the DAC on the CCA.
If you look at the SINAD (Signal to noise and distortion) measurements , the CCA DAC measures better than the bluesound node 2i (source: Audiosciencereview)

You may look for android TV box with optical/coaxial , USB I/O, HDMI etc ports. You can use Kodi app to access HDD. You may also use Google play store to install and enjoy different music and movies streaming services . I have not personally use it but use Kodi on my Laptop and have major movies and music streaming apps installed on Laptop.
I have one extra Nvidia shield tv but I have extra buy tv and I don’t want tv setup with my stereo system . I have Audiolabs 6000a as preamp n old Onkyo power amp

CCA can do local lossless.
A shared hard drive on the LAN will by definition always be a lossless mechanism

I am not sure what DAC you use but you may actually be better off using the DAC on the CCA.
If you look at the SINAD (Signal to noise and distortion) measurements , the CCA DAC measures better than the bluesound node 2i (source: Audiosciencereview)
CCA ?? Sorry I m not that technical

Will that be loss less ?
If I plug my usb hdd to Nvidia shield tv and with HDMi ARC to TV then Tv optical to my Audiolab 6000a preamp then with RCA to power amp then to speakers

I m really confused

Will that be loss less ?
If I plug my usb hdd to Nvidia shield tv and with HDMi ARC to TV then Tv optical to my Audiolab 6000a preamp then with RCA to power amp then to speakers

I m really confused
1) Your HDD needs to be shared on your network as a shared drive.
There are several ways to achieve this - the cheapest being a router with external USB drive support.
If you have an existing shield and it’s left always on, I think shield should allow for enabling external drive - but you will need to check on that.

Result - This would make your file available on the network for your CCA to access

2) File transfers (or any transfers ) on a network are without exception lossless.
Imagine If network transfers were lossy - an email you send saying - “No, I do not agree” could very well turn into “I do agree” :p

Result - Your CCA now has access to your files in whatever format they are on your drive - i.e. lossless FLACs if the drive has FLACs

3) The last piece of the puzzle is the mechanism through which your CCA will access the files. The answer to that is setting up a DLNA server on the mechanism through which you achieved (1) above.
Again, the easiest / cheapest way to achieve that would be through a router that supports external USB support and DLNA
Having said that, it should be possible to do that on your shield too.

Result: Lossless transfer of your lossless files to your CCA - You could now either use your audiolab preamp DAC for thefinal conversion or take the analog out from the CCA.
I can’t comment on the DAC performance of the audiolab although the CCA DAC is very well regarded

1) Your HDD needs to be shared on your network as a shared drive.
There are several ways to achieve this - the cheapest being a router with external USB drive support.
If you have an existing shield and it’s left always on, I think shield should allow for enabling external drive - but you will need to check on that.

Result - This would make your file available on the network for your CCA to access

2) File transfers (or any transfers ) on a network are without exception lossless.
Imagine If network transfers were lossy - an email you send saying - “No, I do not agree” could very well turn into “I do agree” :p

Result - Your CCA now has access to your files in whatever format they are on your drive - i.e. lossless FLACs if the drive has FLACs

3) The last piece of the puzzle is the mechanism through which your CCA will access the files. The answer to that is setting up a DLNA server on the mechanism through which you achieved (1) above.
Again, the easiest / cheapest way to achieve that would be through a router that supports external USB support and DLNA
Having said that, it should be possible to do that on your shield too.

Result: Lossless transfer of your lossless files to your CCA - You could now either use your audiolab preamp DAC for thefinal conversion or take the analog out from the CCA.
I can’t comment on the DAC performance of the audiolab although the CCA DAC is very well regarded
I got it man thanks I will do some research and get back.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back