New 2.1 Setup (Budget approx 1.9)

Deepinder27

Hello friends,

I am trying to build a new 5.1 setup. I would like to go for quality speakers, and build it step by step. For example First, I would build a 2.1 setup, then center and then surrounds at last.

Space: approx 3000 cubic feet

Listening: Music 70%, Movies 30%

Proposed setup: Budget (approx 1.9)

AVR: Denon X2300W (53k - amazon.in) or any other suggestion??
Front: Elac Unifi UB5 (approx 53k)
Subwoofer: SVS PB-2000 (75-79k)

Concerns:

1. Elac Unifi UB5 - It has some excellent reviews. But havent auditioned them. I am in chandigarh and I dont have places for demo. I am settling mainly on the reviews and its three way design. Also the I wanted to go for floor standers, but i will be going for subwoofer anyways. So would it offer any advantage? Bookshelf vs Floorstanders
Other options: Elac F6 , Elac Unifi UF5( approx1.1, will be stretching the budget too much)

2. Impedance: Unifi series has 4 Ohm impedance(dipping to 3ohms). And sensitivity rating is 85. going by the specs it translates to heavy load on an AVR. Would the Denon X2300W be able to provide sufficient power to them? Any other recommendations.

3. AVR: Any avr with pre-outs will be preferred. Just in case I choose to upgrade to a dedicated amplifier because of Elacs.

4. Bookshelf Stands: please recommend.

5. Power: Thinking of going for a Servo, 2kV, Any brand recommendations?

Please share your inputs guys.
Thanks.

Hello friends,

I am trying to build a new 5.1 setup. I would like to go for quality speakers, and build it step by step. For example First, I would build a 2.1 setup, then center and then surrounds at last.

Space: approx 3000 cubic feet

Listening: Music 70%, Movies 30%

Proposed setup: Budget (approx 1.9)

Consider going dual identical subs for a 300 Sqft room..

AVR: Denon X2300W (53k - amazon.in) or any other suggestion??

Yes.. Denon x3300 would be good, but Denon x 4300 should be great for 7.2.4 set-up.

Front: Elac Unifi UB5 (approx 53k)

Reconsider the speakers if you are going dual subs way..

Subwoofer: SVS PB-2000 (75-79k)

Reconsider to accommodate 2 budget ones rather than one big & expensive one's..

Subs will take care of 100 Hz and below.. So consider speakers that not necessarily go really deep down.. Instead, look for wall mount & front ported ones to save hassles..

Consider going dual identical subs for a 300 Sqft room..

Yes.. Denon x3300 would be good, but Denon x 4300 should be great for 7.2.4 set-up.

Reconsider the speakers if you are going dual subs way..

Reconsider to accommodate 2 budget ones rather than one big & expensive one's..

Subs will take care of 100 Hz and below.. So consider speakers that not necessarily go really deep down.. Instead, look for wall mount & front ported ones to save hassles..

AVR x4300 is well above my budget.

Fronts: Any recommendations you have in mind?

Sub: I might go for dual setup in future, adding another PB 2000 after a year or so. I am choosing this sub because of better frequency response. I am aware that BIC America F12 is an option and I can buy two within the budget. I have an inclination towards SVS. but I am open to all options.

Thanks.

For sub check out Polk DSW 660 ..I got them last week and it's a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A dedicated stereo Amp + Dac combo will sound far better than AVR no matter which speakers you buy starting from Elac B6 to Focal Utopia. Please do more research, analyse and then consider which to go for, so that you won't regret the decision in near/long future.

AVR x4300 is well above my budget..

Then consider Denon x 3300.

Fronts: Any recommendations you have in mind?
Not really.. But there are efficient speaker for less than the price of Elac Unifi UB5.

Sub: I might go for dual setup in future, adding another PB 2000 after a year or so. I am choosing this sub because of better frequency response. I am aware that BIC America F12 is an option and I can buy two within the budget. I have an inclination towards SVS. but I am open to all options. Thanks

Don't worry abt the lowest freq response that the sub can do..

I recently added dual identical subs of a Taga harmony platinum Sw 10v.2 (50K) to my set-up for few reasons..

- I dont know if i would be able to differentiate between a sub that produce 25 Hz vs a sub that can do <20 Hz.
- From different reviews & suggestion from FM, went dual as it simply helps in even freq response across the room which may not be possible with a single (expensive) sub for an amateur (measuring room response)..

Take a demo of a 5.1 setup and a 2.1 or 2 channel setup.
I watch a lot of movies in my 2.1 channel Genelec system. And now I don't like watching movies at theatres.
While watching movies very few times the surround sound becomes noticeable. Or very few people can notice the surround sound. But many people can notice difference between a good quality system and a bad one. Telling from personal experiences.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back