New Arcam AVRs !

Omg starts at 2300 UK pounds that’s 2 lakhs INR. Very few in India go for avr’s at that price.

The components ,internal parts and build quality is way better than conventional avrs like marantz denon and yamaha etc..

The components ,internal parts and build quality is way better than conventional avrs like marantz denon, yamaha etc..
Yeah no arguing on that. I just mean to say avr starting itself at 2L won’t be a big hit in India. The conventional avr’s or separates do the job just fine for a 2L budget

Last edited:
I really despise these companies which can't afford a differential pricing commensurate with the per capita of the consumers (I know this makes little economic sense vis a vis branding and niche market).

They could work out a commensurate model of sale for Indian buyers and makes up their profits from number of sales.

I mean in the long run, they are helping the Chinese manufacturers to cater to such markets. With the advent of well engineered low cost DACs, Chinese AVRs won't take long to catch up......what with the rising middle class in China......say 5 years hence.

Arcam are very costly here .They sound very clean ,refined and Transparent. The DIRAC live calibration will be an added advantage.

Now how I wish these are available in india 'commensurate' to an Indian.
I could find this-
Decibel
21 Chittaranjan Road
TEYNAMPET 600018
India
+91 44 2431 2834

I have been using Acam AVR300 for the last 4 years and can only say that the build quality is outstanding. They are built to last and have a timeless design elegance.

i spoke the Arcam distributor few weeks back & the new avrs should arrive to India in October.
The prices of Arcam are always expensive but they cannot be compared to the Denon & Marantz models at least the low end ones.
You always get what you pay for :rolleyes:

Cheers.

The recent Arcam model AVR has lot of bugs and errors as per Av forums users reviews..please double check it before making any purchase decisions.

The recent Arcam model AVR has lot of bugs and errors as per Av forums users reviews..please double check it before making any purchase decisions.
its the same with most of these Euro brands, same for NAD & Anthem too. My Nad had so many bugs earlier but they are all fixed my firmware updates. Euro avrs have more frequent updates for bug fixes & also new features get added.

Cheers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back