New Armboard or Tonearm Adaptor ?

Kapeel

I picked up a new Audiomods tonearm, it has a Rega stem didn't realise that the armboard has a SME cutout (rookie mistake). Now, I can either buy the correct armboard with a Rega hole, buy a Rega adaptor for the SME armboard or locally diy a mounting collar out of a 2-3mm plate with a 23mm Rega hole (I have a Dr. Feickert tonearm alignment protractor to ensure accurate s2p distance)

During this research I realised that all mainstream tonearm manufacturers have an adaptor for a SME armboard/cutout. Hence does it even make sense to buy a new armboard with Rega hole,? shouldn't I just buy / diy a adaptor for the SME cutout.

In the future when I change the tonearm I will in any case end up with a adaptor for the SME cutout, seems like it is the right option to choose ?

origin-live-sme-armboard-adaptor.jpg

I picked up a new Audiomods tonearm, it has a Rega stem didn't realise that the armboard has a SME cutout (rookie mistake). Now, I can either buy the correct armboard with a Rega hole, buy a Rega adaptor for the SME armboard or locally diy a mounting collar out of a 2-3mm plate with a 23mm Rega hole (I have a Dr. Feickert tonearm alignment protractor to ensure accurate s2p distance)

During this research I realised that all mainstream tonearm manufacturers have an adaptor for a SME armboard/cutout. Hence does it even make sense to buy a new armboard with Rega hole,? shouldn't I just buy / diy a adaptor for the SME cutout.

In the future when I change the tonearm I will in any case end up with a adaptor for the SME cutout, seems like it is the right option to choose ?

Whats the TT you use Kapeel ? Armboards can be made of wood as well and that gives you more flexibility and far easier to DIY

Whats the TT you use Kapeel ? Armboards can be made of wood as well and that gives you more flexibility and far easier to DIY
I have a PTP Solid 9 TT. Right now I am trying to make an acrylic armboard, thank you for the wooden armboard suggestion.

I will go with a DIY option, since you have a good alignment tool. This costs much less.
I am slowly getting to know the various options I can diy locally

I have a PTP Solid 9 TT. Right now I am trying to make an acrylic armboard, thank you for the wooden armboard suggestion.
try to get a board made of any tonewood eg Sheesham/Maple/spruce. you will love it.

Couple of months ago I purchased a Rega arm board meant for my Thorens TT. Though the effective length was correct, I had to bend the sub-plattet a bit to accommodate the Rega arm.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back