New Awesome Vacuum-Tube Wireless Audio System from samsung

vivek.saikia

Today I auditioned the Samsung Vacuum-Tube and Digital Amp Wireless Audio System in a nearby best buy shop and I have to say, I was never this impressed by a Samsung audio product before!!

This wireless sound system combines goodness of vacuum tubes and solid state electronics circuitry and the resulting sound is just plain awesome.
I think this is the first consumer electronics in the present era which uses vacuum tubes.
The sound is very true to life and the electric guitar sound so natural. The overall sound is very smooth and full bodied.
Samsung has also launched a solid state lower version of this system but it sounds way to inferior to this one.
Only downside of this product is the price. Samsung has priced this on a higher side at $669. Even if it was priced at about $400, then it would have been a no brainer.

Specifications
2.1 Channels
100 W Total Power

Connectivity
1 Audio Input
Composite Outputs
Bluetooth 3.0 Version with aptX technology (HD Audio Streaming)
USB Direct Play

Vacuum-Tube and Digital Amp Wireless Audio System with Dual Dock (DA-E750) | Samsung Home Theater Systems

If you have spare money and searching to buy a bedroom system then I will highly recommend this product.

Not sure if hearing the sound will change my mind, but looking at the system (its design philosophy, material used etc) I am highly impressed.

At 600 odd bucks, I am rather surprised, that Samsung has priced it so reasonably. These companies don't target audiophiles, they target mass consumer, and for them 600 odd bucks won't be expensive for what they are getting in a noob-proof package that looks good to death.

Last edited:
Ah h so ti's released, i remember reading about it last year and was wondering how come its not launched yet.

Should make for a nice present for someone who wants an all in one solution and wants a tiny bit better sound than everything else.

This looks good for my TV and daily FM radio. Any idea if it has RCA inputs? What tubes does it use? Preamp stage or power? Whats the marketing hype about digital advantage? Is it a built-in DAC?

Edit: Apprently there is a whole series of them : Amazon.com: Samsung DA-E570 2.0 Channel 10-Watt Audio Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories

--G0bble

EDIT: Ignore this post. Forgot to take those red pills :)

Available on amazon for $150. Probably a dud.

Amazon.com: Samsung DA-E570 2.0 Channel 10-Watt Audio Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories

Looks like they first tried selling it at $800.
Samsung's swanky DA-E750 audio dock gets priced at $800

They are different models. They come in 10 (Samsung) watts, 40 (Samsung) watts, 100 (Samsung) watts.

Also there are 2.0 and 2.1 variations.

The one which I heard and liked is the higher end model with tube amplification section.
The lower end models (with SS amplification) is not worth the money and the sound is just mediocre (eventhough I suspect the same drivers have been used).

But this particular model just impressed me so much!

Amazon.com: Samsung DA-E750 2.1 Channel 100-Watt Dual Audio Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories

If I ever decide to buy a docking station for my iPod/smartphone, then this is going to be it.

Last edited:
The one which I heard and liked is the higher end model with tube amplification section.
The lower end models (with SS amplification) is not worth the money and the sound is just mediocre.

But this particular model just impressed me so much!

Amazon.com: Samsung DA-E750 2.1 Channel 100-Watt Dual Audio Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories

If I ever decide to buy a docking station for my iPod/smartphone, then this is going to be it.

Any idea what tubes are used in there? What the amplification stage uses? RCA inputs?

--G

At 600 odd bucks, I am rather surprised, that Samsung has priced it so reasonably. These companies don't target audiophiles, they target mass consumer, and for them 600 odd bucks won't be expensive for what they are getting in a noob-proof package that looks good to death.
600 US$. For mass consumers. Not expensive. All in the same breath. I must be out of touch with reality. For me, the mass consumers are people like me, my sisters and friends etc. Even though they may be super achievers, if I suggest paying 600 USD for something like this, they will refer me to the looney bin.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back