New (budget) amp for Rega P1

lottievarie

Hi!

I'm a HiFi newbie and I need some advice about amplifiers. I just got a Rega P1 for Christmas but I don't know which amp to buy for it. I mostly listen to rock, alternative, indie and jazz.
My choices:
- Yamaha a s301
- Cambridge audio axa35
- Marantz pm6006
- Nad c316bee V2
- Denon pma 600ne

For speakers I'm going to get the Dali Spektor 2 or Q acoustics 3020i (depending on availability and amp).

Which amplifier would you recommend? Any advice or comparison would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Charlotte

Hi!

I'm a HiFi newbie and I need some advice about amplifiers. I just got a Rega P1 for Christmas but I don't know which amp to buy for it. I mostly listen to rock, alternative, indie and jazz.
My choices:
- Yamaha a s301
- Cambridge audio axa35
- Marantz pm6006
- Nad c316bee V2
- Denon pma 600ne

For speakers I'm going to get the Dali Spektor 2 or Q acoustics 3020i (depending on availability and amp).

Which amplifier would you recommend? Any advice or comparison would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Charlotte
Hi Lotte,
Sorry that no one has answered to your questions till now.
I have the 3020i as my 2nd system, driven by an entry level AVR. I had also driven them with Marantz PM6005, before I sold the amp. It's a very good combination. PM6006 can possibly only do better. The phono stage in PM600X series is good, will save you the hassle of getting a separate one. The one in PM6005 was almost as good as the separate £200 stage that I have. PM6006 also continues the same tradition is what I have read.
My only grouse about the Marantz was that it was not built to very high quality. I don't know how that would compare to the other amplifiers you have listed though.
Dali goes very well with Marantz. They are slightly more refined than the 3020i. You must try them before you buy.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back