New Firmware for Samsung Plasma PS64D8000

syiqbal

Samsung has released new firmware 1018.2 for their 64" Plasma PS 64D8000
Anyone tried it yet ?. The last one slightly reduced the overall brightness and contrast from the set. Does the new one fix this. Feedback please

I have updated the new firmware. I didn't find any major change. But I have done many tweaks, coz last update messed up everything. But the new firmware seems better.

Thanks... You did tweaks from within the Service Menu or just from the regular user controls. Any improvements in brightness / contrast ?... The older firmware had made the picture less vibrant

Thanks... You did tweaks from within the Service Menu or just from the regular user controls. Any improvements in brightness / contrast ?... The older firmware had made the picture less vibrant

Even if the brightness and contrast becomes less vibrant you can manually calibrate it and make like you want.

Just play around with the settings for a while and you will hit upon a setting which you will feel comfortable watching. :clapping:

Even if the brightness and contrast becomes less vibrant you can manually calibrate it and make like you want.

Just play around with the settings for a while and you will hit upon a setting which you will feel comfortable watching. :clapping:

I'm afraid it was not that simple. The older firmware (1016.2) to reduce power consumption of the set apparently seemed to have limited the light output in terms of fl ratings. Even cranking up the brigtness and contrast did not get a vibrant picture compared to the older firmwares

Thanks sajjad4joy. I'm aware of that thread. Updating logic boards was actually necessary to reduce brightness pops. Glad someone in India has done that and that it works for Indian Samsung boards as well.
Changing the ADC values to what you mention will give a more vibrant picture. But my question specifically was if the newer firmware improved on the brightness and contrast or was it the same or has it reduced it compared to pre- 1016 firmwares which were excellent

You have to try that. Coz as I have already done logic board update. I don't know whether the brightness problem is fixed. Try to update to new firmware without logic board update and check.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back