New Home Theater Suggestion

avtar2008

Hi All,

I am new to the HiFi world, so, need your suggestion to buy a new 5.1 Home Theater. I am not looking for 7.1 or Dolby atmos, but if I get it then it is good. My room size is 12x15ft.

My Journey So Far:
After taking suggestion from few friends, threads in this forum and youtube, I had finalized on Pioneer AJ PK52FS 5.0 speaker + Pioneer SW8MK2 + Denon x250bt, but when I went to buy them yesterday, I can to know from Pioneer Service Center that they had stopped selling Home Audio Products in India and I won't be getting warranty if I buy them now.

So, now I am looking for some alternative to Pioneer. As of now, I have shortlisted only these items.

Sub
  • Yamaha NS300
  • ELAC debug 2.0 S10.2
And need suggestions for the receiver, speaker, and mostly sub as well. My budget is around 90k.

Usage and Preferences :

• Movies(from Netflix/Prime) and Music
  • Movies and music will be played on the PC, not TV.
  • If all Speakers(not sub) are from the same company then it is good.
  • Front L/R should be Floor Standing and surround should be BookShelf.

I searched the used market and got the following deals, please let me know if I can use anything out of it.

• 2xPolk TSi500 Floor Standing, 1x PSW125, 1xCS20, 2x Polk surround speaker(don't know exact model), 4 years old, everything for 60k
  • 4-year-old BIC PL200 ( not PL200 II), 20k

PS: I have gone through this forum before creating this thread but everyone was looking for atmos and all suggestions were according to that.

I am new to the HiFi world, so, need your suggestion to buy a new 5.1 Home Theater. I am not looking for 7.1 or Dolby atmos, but if I get it then it is good. My room size is 12x15ft.

And need suggestions for the receiver, speaker, and mostly sub as well. My budget is around 90k.

Defnetly a 7.1 set-up with Atmos is doable in your budget..

A Denon x 1600 should be the least expensive 7.1 AVR for around 35K.. Since you prefer FS for L/R, you may consider Taga TAV 5.0 speaker package and may be Taga Harmony subwoofer series as well as you may get combined offers from dealers stores..

You can complete a 7.1 AVR + 5.1 set-up inside your budget.. Add the height speakers if you have (or) can stretch your budget a lil.. Else, you can add it over time..

Just an update:

I have purchased yamaha rx v673 + bic america pl200(both used) and Taga Harmony 5.0 speaker. The person will come for installation on this weekend. So, I need suggestion about the wire I should choose. I have ordered amazonbasic 100ft ofc cable and banana plugs.

are there any better cables + banana plugs for around 5 -6k? 100ft cable and 6 banana pair will enough for me

Just an update:

I have purchased yamaha rx v673 + bic america pl200(both used) and Taga Harmony 5.0 speaker. The person will come for installation on this weekend. So, I need suggestion about the wire I should choose. I have ordered amazonbasic 100ft ofc cable and banana plugs.

are there any better cables + banana plugs for around 5 -6k? 100ft cable and 6 banana pair will enough for me
It should be good enough,btw how much did it cost u?

It should be good enough,btw how much did it cost u?
taga 806 5.0 for 49k including transport.
48k for avr+ sub. I was just interested in sub, but since he was only selling combo, so, I took avr as well, although I am going to upgrade it soon.

Thats actually a good price for that avr +sub combo,the 673 is a good receiver,except for the atmos features which u wont be using in the 5.1 setup

Thats actually a good price for that avr +sub combo,the 673 is a good receiver,except for the atmos features which u wont be using in the 5.1 setup
I would be selling it soon to upgrade to a 9.2ch atmos avr. But pl200 is a good sub, although it is a overkill for my 15x12 room. I kept its know just 30% volume, still yamaha YPAO runs it at -10.0 Db.

Can someone please suggest if jamo s35 satellite speakers can be used as overhead atmos speakers?I will mount them on wall in front and back of me and I know these are not best speakers for atmos, but since i already have them, so, i want to use them as "temperory" speakers, until i have budget for good atmos speakers.

Can someone please suggest if jamo s35 satellite speakers can be used as overhead atmos speakers?I will mount them on wall in front and back of me and I know these are not best speakers for atmos, but since i already have them, so, i want to use them as "temperory" speakers, until i have budget for good atmos speakers.
Since you already own them, there is no harm in trying them out as you will be investing only in wiring. If you are satisfied, you will save on future investment. All the best.

And can someone suggest me a good 9.2 channel avr. I am confused between denon 3600h and marantz 6014, or if other better options are available in same budget.

And can someone suggest me a good 9.2 channel avr. I am confused between denon 3600h and marantz 6014, or if other better options are available in same budget.
What quotes you got for both the avr’s? Both of them Should be equally good with similar specs. If you can stretch ur budget go for the 4500 which should be available at good discounts given the fact it’s a two years old model

What quotes you got for both the avr’s? Both of them Should be equally good with similar specs. If you can stretch ur budget go for the 4500 which should be available at good discounts given the fact it’s a two years old model
Denon or Marantz just go for it. Both are equally good is what I feel. you may also look at Pioneer VSX LX 504. It gets IMAX enhanced and some added features at slightly lesser cost.
Pioneer is also slightly powerful when compared to Denon 3600 as its rated at
120 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven) and has a bigger power supply.

Last edited:
Denon or Marantz just go for it. Both are equally good is what I feel. you may also look at Pioneer VSX LX 504. It gets IMAX enhanced and some added features at slightly lesser cost.
The Marantz SR6013 which is going for 80K also has Imax enhanced unless the Pioneer VSX LX 504 is cheaper. Plus it gets Audyssey XT32 which is a superior room correction system to the MCACC that comes with Pioneer.

I am getting 3600h for 85k and marantz 6014 for 98k. But as per the reviews I saw on internet, many people suggested to go with 6014, since it "sounds better out-of-box" and "need less tweaking". So, I was just confused if spending 13k extra 6014 is justified or i should go with 3600 and spend that money on other components.

BTW, what extra feature i will get in 4500, apart from increased power output?

Actually, Many dealer have told me that Pioneer have warranty issue since they stopped selling home audio products in india, else I would have gone with all pioneer products.

I am getting 3600h for 85k and marantz 6014 for 98k. But as per the reviews I saw on internet, many people suggested to go with 6014, since it "sounds better out-of-box" and "need less tweaking". So, I was just confused if spending 13k extra 6014 is justified or i should go with 3600 and spend that money on other components.

No that’s incorrect information. There is no out of the box settings and you have to run audyssey or manually tweak in both avr’s. Better go with 3600 and save 13k cause you won’t find that 13k difference in performance with the 6014. Extra feature is auro 3d and advance processing with the 4500. But the 3600 should be good enough.

If you are willing to go a generation back, you can get the marantz sr6013 for 80k and There are negligible differences between it and the sr6014. Also, i think the sr6013 is the equivalent of the 4500h if im not mistaken.

If you are willing to go a generation back, you can get the marantz sr6013 for 80k and There are negligible differences between it and the sr6014. Also, i think the sr6013 is the equivalent of the 4500h if im not mistaken.
The Denon 3xx series is the equivalent version of marantz 6xx series. 4500 and 7013 are equivalent.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back