New HT-R592 doesnt start.

monakads

After a lot of research and deliberation, I purchased a Onkyo HT-S5600 from USA for $579 in June 2014.
I setup the unit in Hyderabad. It worked fine for 3 weeks, but on Saturday (12 July) after using it for around 4-5 hours and watching some movies, the unit automatically switched itself off.

And then the unit doesnt power itself On. :sad:
The Receiver Onkyo HT-R592 makes a "Tick" noise when it switches itself On.
Now, it makes a "Tick"-"Tick" noise. (2 noises, back to back in 2 seconds interval) and that keeps repeating every 3 seconds interval, but there is nothing that appears on the display. (display is blank, no lights blinking either). (It is like Tick-Tick 3 seconds.. tick-tick.. 3 sec..tick-tick.. and so on.)

For 220V to 110V conversion, I use a Maxine India (Shah Electronics) 1 KVA Stabilizer cum step down transformer.

I have warranty on the receiver for 2 years, but taking it back to USA is a painful process.
I spoke to authorized service centre in Hyderabad, they said that Onkyo India has stopped servicing international purchases from February 2014. Even If we are ready to pay a price.

Please suggest, what should be my next course of action.
Should I send the receiver back to USA for repair/replacement?
Should I get it repaired in India? Is the service good in India for such Receivers?
Any known repair centres for Onkyo in Hyderabad / Bangalore?

Last edited:
There is a chance that your receiver would've gone into protect mode.
Try disconnecting all wires (input, speaker wires etc) and then switch on.
Also, check online how ONKYO receivers behave on protect mode?
May be resetting to factory setting would resolve the issue.

Hi Monakads,

Looks like there is an active forum for Onkyo Owners in the following link, Post your queries and the best thing you can do is, use skype or some application and call their toll free number and talk to them. They will be able to help you out.

Onkyo USA Support Forum • Search

Thanks

Thanks Satson, PGY!!

The unit had a burnt power unit. So had to give it to a local repair shop.

The local repair guy said that the products purchased from USA are sensitive to power fluctuations and cannot handle it.
He asked me to buy a Servo Stablizer and connect the step down to the Servo Stab. This will keep the output voltage constant. (110V +- 1%).

Gave the Maxine step down back and have ordered a new Maxine Servo Stab + Step Down transformer.!! Should reach me in a week.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back