New Jplay (Jplay Femto) is out

rikhav

The guys who if I am not wrong were the first to bring dual PC setups to computer audio playback have released a new version of their software after ages

http://jplay.eu

Anyone tried?

I have upgraded to JPlay 7 Femto from 6.2. Femto sounds better. New release has some issues and with 7C most of them are sorted out.

How much of an upgrade is it over a dedicated audio PC running Foobar on WASAPI? I am in the process of setting up my digital transport, exploring different options at the moment. Trying JRiver, wish I could go for Roon Core but can not afford the price.

How much of an upgrade is it over a dedicated audio PC running Foobar on WASAPI? I am in the process of setting up my digital transport, exploring different options at the moment. Trying JRiver, wish I could go for Roon Core but can not afford the price.
Check out Allo.

Jplay hibernates the PC while playing music which I feel is big advantage of Jplay, you need to connect USB for it to hibernate. Need to use good network cable too. Sound quality is much superior to Foobar or JRiver in my setup. Give it a try and see, its free for a month. Read the manual to set it up.

Jplay hibernates the PC while playing music which I feel is big advantage of Jplay, you need to connect USB for it to hibernate. Need to use good network cable too. Sound quality is much superior to Foobar or JRiver in my setup. Give it a try and see, its free for a month. Read the manual to set it up.

Can Jplay Femto be used in a single PC setup?

If used in a single PC setup does it have any advantage over the Jplay classic?

I am little confused about these two variables of Jplay

Can Jplay Femto be used in a single PC setup?

If used in a single PC setup does it have any advantage over the Jplay classic?

I am little confused about these two variables of Jplay

I'm using in Single PC, with femto I can control it from my Phone, coz it acts as a streamer. Sound quality is better than using JPlay inside Foobar.

Okay so Femto can be used with a single PC, don't need to have a server PC and player PC separate to run FEMTO

It can play local files as well

Okay so Femto can be used with a single PC, don't need to have a server PC and player PC separate to run FEMTO

It can play local files as well

Yes it plays locally, while installing you should select Single PC and give the path of directory of your local files.

will try JPlay, I can go for a two PC / Server - Client solution, that actually is what I am looking for.
One of my prime requirement is native Tidal support and its ability to seamlessly read the library in my NAS.
I am somewhat reluctant to go with Raspberry Pi or Allo because I feel the actual processing power is a limiting factor.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back