New Lyrita 300B SET amplifier

Listening to a DHT tube without any output or interstage transformer in the circuit is a very interesting experience.

Yogibear, I was referring to a power amp. I forgot to add no coupling caps also

Last edited:
I have a Philips AG 9015 tube amp with OTL option for 800 ohms tabs. Also I have two pair of Philips AD 9710am 800 ohms full range alnico speakers. Like to hear the OTL sound.

Shafic, you should hear it. As I said earlier it’s a very interesting sound. It’s more direct, immediate and dynamic. What you lose is the warmth. So may not be everyone’s cup of tea

Yay, more converts to the world of SE tube magic.

What speakers are those, BTW? I am still on a quest to find the right speaker pairing for one of my SETs.

What speakers are those, BTW? I am still on a quest to find the right speaker pairing for one of my SETs.
I recently build an OB module using vintage Russian drivers and to my ears they are the best sounding on my 300Bs.

Any options other than DIY? I can handle DIY electronics (built my own tube amp), but cabinets are beyond me.

I regret selling my Klipschorns when moving back to India. :(

Any options other than DIY? I can handle DIY electronics (built my own tube amp), but cabinets are beyond me.

The OB speakers are most easy to DIY if you have basic carpentry skills considered to a box speaker. Check out the images and decide yourselves.

Attachments

• IMG_20180407_110457.jpg
    IMG_20180407_110457.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 66

Thats sad! Klipschorns are difficult to find here. I found one for sale in good condition on OLX at 1L about 3yrs ago. But there was another buyer interested and the seller created kind of bidding situation and price increased to 1.5l and i dropped off.

Mine are Altec speakers. 515B woofer and 288C horn Driver with foster Super tweeter. Typical efficiency is 100dB.

@anilva - could you share a source or model with me?

@Hari Iyer - ok, that I can probably get our staff carpenter to make for me. But it's just a mounted single driver speaker, and not in a box? Wouldn't that design have a restricted frequency response? What kind of music do you listen to?

@anilva - could you share a source or model with me?

@Hari Iyer - ok, that I can probably get our staff carpenter to make for me. But it's just a mounted single driver speaker, and not in a box? Wouldn't that design have a restricted frequency response? What kind of music do you listen to?

I listen to all kind of music expect heavy metal and hard rock. If you check the FR of the OB it goes from 40Hz to 20KHz (+/-2.5dB) which is quite good imo. Only listening can confirm my statements. You can simulate your driver using the "Basta" simulator for getting the best response. Having said that, more than 98% of the FR drivers available will not be suitable for OB duty. Hence most designs are with largish 15"+ woofers, an FR driver like Fostex or Lowther and with an Ribbon or Piezo tweeter.

WOW!!!

What a great amp from VirenJi.... AnilVa must be in heaven right now.. Congrats ...
Can you give an idea about price of Hashimoto transformer

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back