New Member - Abhi

AKT

Hello -

My name is Abhishek. I have recently moved to Bangalore. My listening interests include classic Rock, Blues, very few Country and more recently experimenting with Jazz.

My earlier setup was 2 TSBL (fronts), TC2 (Center) and 2TSB (rears); accompanied by a T300 sub. In-case you've never heard of these models, they belonged to an internet direct retail of D&M Holdings. The outlet has now been closed. I still believe these speakers are the most value for every cent spent on them. This was tied together with a Pioneer VSX1019.

My current setup consists of 2 B&W 685 (fronts), B&W HTM62 Center, 2 Def Tech ProCinema 800 (rears) and a Cambridge P300HD (Sub). One Oppo BDP 105 with a jail-broken Apple TV2 (running XBMC) completes the setup. I bought and sold my Marantz SR-6008 owing to voltage/freq difference in India. That is pretty much it.

My wishlist now includes following and look forward to your suggestions -

1. AVR: Marantz SR6007 or any other musical receiver in this price range. I was inclined towards Rotel but could not find one with suitable features in this price range. Seperates are not in my list as of now.

2. TT: Looking at Rega 1 and Pro-ject

3. Analog cables: not aware of any. Need to connect my BDP-105 via analog outs. Pl suggest high quality reasonably priced ones. I need to buy 4 pairs.

4. Local shops in Bangalore for CDs and Vinyls which would not break my bank.

Finally, thanks to an existing forum member Ujjwal for porting me from Audioholics and AVSforum to HFV.

I look forward to interact with all you and possibly meet local members. If interested, group Mcycle rides would be fun too. See you all.

-Abhi

Welcome to the forum Abhishek.

Considering you are in Bangalore and looking for interconnects, I would recommend you contact two persons.

1. Mr. Murthy of Tools and Trades at Commercial Street. He is not a forum member but is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. You will find lots of info and comments about him on this forum. He will first understand your requirements and then suggest solutions accordingly. I have blind faith in his suggestions.

2. Mr. Jochen Semler at The Listening Room (Bangalore). He represents german audio companies in India and offers excellent pricing and service. I am using his WSS interconnects and am very happy with them. Speakers wires are also great. I will be going in for them soon. Jochen is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Ash - I would definitely get in touch with Mr. Murthy and Mr. Semler.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back