Nozer

Hello my fellow Hi -fi Enthusiasts,

Thank you for letting me in this hallowed forum.
I have gone through some interesting discussions on this forum and found them very informative and interesting.
I have an average vintage audio equipment and good collection of cassettes, vinyls, DVD's and CDs.
Being and enthusiast I use my old equipment very sparingly for fear of not finding good technician and spares to repair in case it needs a look into.
I am generally fond of semi classics, jazz and latin american music of the 60's 70's and 80's. Myself being in early 70's.
Hope to mingle around and surf some interesting discussions,
Nozer

Hello my fellow Hi -fi Enthusiasts,

Thank you for letting me in this hallowed forum.
I have gone through some interesting discussions on this forum and found them very informative and interesting.
I have an average vintage audio equipment and good collection of cassettes, vinyls, DVD's and CDs.
Being and enthusiast I use my old equipment very sparingly for fear of not finding good technician and spares to repair in case it needs a look into.
I am generally fond of semi classics, jazz and latin american music of the 60's 70's and 80's. Myself being in early 70's.
Hope to mingle around and surf some interesting discussions,
Nozer
Welcome Brother, Glad to see more and more people appreciate the knowledge pool of this forum.
Not sure what you meant by saying you're an enthusiast who uses his equipment very sparingly fearing it might conk. I guess that's like me saying I've inherited a Ferrari but i rarely use it fearing the tyres might wear out....engine may need service etc. Or maybe that i rarely go out of the house for the fear of getting into an accident. What's our life gonna look like with this attitude n thinking ?
Maybe the analogy was crude but I'm sure you got what I was trying to say. Our gear is no different, we use it to our content whenever we want to (properly cared for) & that's the reason i bought it. What's the guarantee that it's not going to give way when not being used.Ive experienced this a lot with equipment that I've rarely used yet it's gone kaput.(Later i feel, Shux...should've atleast used it )
You on the other hand should be using the gear a lot more, whenever you want ,to your hearts content since you very well know it's average vintage gear that you own + you take proper care without abusing it .Theres nothing that you can't find with a bit of patience and asking around + we have the best of techs around( Our FMs in the forum can help you with this info) who can do a great job incase you need their help.Lets say even if your equipment is rendered useless, the cost of getting quality gear in this age is way way more economical than it was a decade ago.
Finally it's you who is to decide what you want. Do you want to use what you have & squeeze every thing it's got to offer till it lasts or maybe you like a shiny piece of gear neatly stacked away as display ( used sparingly) at home for years to come.
PS: Nothing personal here but it's just that i feel you are restricting yourself from getting a lot more from what you already have.(fearing something that may or may not happen at all).Wishing you years n years of luck with your gear.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back