New on here with new tv trying to figure out the sound part!!

Hello i have a 2016 sharp aquos led lcd smart tv that my in-laws gave my husband and i but cant find the manuel for. Today i attempted to hook up my Amazon 4k fire stick into the HDMI 2/ARC Port on the side and so far so good... the picture quality was outstanding!! Set up my remote and when it came to set the volume up oh my this screeching sound came out like i was fast forwarding a VCR tape! Well i went to sling and opened it up and clicked on guide and pulled something up and same thing..... Screeching or squealing sound... Went to Prime same thing.... So i completely shut down my fire stick and opened the apps on the tv itself...i opened up prime and it played fine. Then i decided to hook up my PS3 to the exact same port the HDMI 2/ARC and it worked just fine, sound and all. Can someone PLEASE tell me what in the heck do i need to do!!!! Im about to pull my hair out!!! Nothing should ever be this complicated im telling ya!!!! Lol Please!! Im so not tech smart!!!

Last edited:
i ended up putting it into the HDMI 1 port and i had exhausted all my options on my tvs audio and advanced audio settings so i after switching ports and setting that up i decided to get onto my firestick settings and see if by some chance i needed to upgrade it ( i didnt need to) but i went to displays and sounds, clicked on it and went down to audio and clicked on it and went down to surround sound and clicked on it and it was set up for best available so wat i did next was clicked on stereo then exited out of settings and went to prime and tried a video and nope still squealing lol so i go back to settings in the same spot and click on always dolby digital plus and exited out and so on... Prime... Video.. Nope still squealing lol.. Back to settings... One more option.... Always dolby digital.... Click on it.. Exit.. Prime.. Video... Yessssssssss i hear regular voices!!!!!! took me over 12 hrs to figure it out but i sure did!!! Thank you for responding though i greatly appreciate it!!! Maybe this post will help someone else thats having squealing audio issues with there firestick!!! If i can do it anyone can!!!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back