New owner of Samsung plasma 43D490

magesh_magi1

I'm a new owner of Samsung 43D490 .
I have ordered the TV in Chennai for 41,500 waiting for it to be delivered on Monday.
I'm excited, I got it with a pair of 3D glass and 50 DVD movie pack . thats it though :).
I'm having Airtel DTH should I go for HD set top box definitely?

I will be glad if you guys share some tips/advice.

And also what are the settings I've to follow for :
Regional channels- Tamil ( suntv and Vijay tv mostly)
Sports - ( I bought the tv before New year to watch India Australia down under)
Movies from USB .

I know too many questions but :) I bought the TV because of the reco from all the people from Internet and this forum :) thanks guys

Hey congrats.I too own a 43D490 and totally loving it.Especially the 3D contents.
HD box is not necessary if you are only watching Tamil channels.
But Watching India-australia series, You have to watch it in Star cricket HD.That would be awesome.
I am also planning to upgrade from tata sky SD to videcon D2h HD(probably) as they have star cricket HD.
Hope you know about the 100hr break in period.Make sure that you watch all the contents in full screen and don't keep any still images for long time.
read more on the forums as i am also new to these things.

Rock that is so nice of you to reply. I don't about the 100 hour thing I will check Internet on that in the mean time if you've any links from the forum please pass on it to me that will be of great help. I will post some pictures soon, it is yet to be mounted. I will get the 3D glasses tomorrow.
Thanks again dude.

Btw..even tatasky hd have starcrickethd....

Hey congrats.I too own a 43D490 and totally loving it.Especially the 3D contents.
HD box is not necessary if you are only watching Tamil channels.
But Watching India-australia series, You have to watch it in Star cricket HD.That would be awesome.
I am also planning to upgrade from tata sky SD to videcon D2h HD(probably) as they have star cricket HD.
Hope you know about the 100hr break in period.Make sure that you watch all the contents in full screen and don't keep any still images for long time.
read more on the forums as i am also new to these things.

Here I come again with a basic question :) . I can see some very good 3d images when th e source is side by side or up and down. Where as if the movie file is like a 3D movie in itself like we see in theatre without 3d glasses out on, I'm not seeing good 3D image? Is there any setting I've to change? I tried SBS/UP and down 2D to 3D( it looks OK ) but I'm not getting a better 3D

Here I come again with a basic question :) . I can see some very good 3d images when th e source is side by side or up and down. Where as if the movie file is like a 3D movie in itself like we see in theatre without 3d glasses out on, I'm not seeing good 3D image? Is there any setting I've to change? I tried SBS/UP and down 2D to 3D( it looks OK ) but I'm not getting a better 3D

What:eek: ???

MyPS43D490A1 got delivered yesterday, bought it from Croma T Nagar....its tempting me to override the Burn in period! will be receiving the 2 free BD 3D glasses by tomorrow!

I was spending enough time in this forum to gather all information to buy myself a Plasma X or U series, i went for Samsung PS43D490 because it has 3D for the same budget i had in my mind and most of the reviews are Positive... Thanks to all of you guys in this Forum for helping me to make a wise decision....!

Last edited:
@Madhav: I'm sorry fr confusing you with my question.
Let me ask it clear :)
There are three types of 3D available Side by Side (SBS) , Up and Down and sequential frame 3d (attached image) .
I have three options in my tv as well SBS, U&D, 2D-> 3D.
I can see the SBS images clearly (of course with my 3d glasses on)
Where as I couldn't see the Frame sequential properly( using all the three properties), Even through 3D glass it looks like normal 3D image , as in we see without 3d glass.

Hope the question is some what clear, if you need further info reply back :) thanks again.

Maddy I'm
just waiting for the burn in period to get over. with a dim settings the photos won't look that great.

@Madhav: I'm sorry fr confusing you with my question.
Let me ask it clear :)
There are three types of 3D available Side by Side (SBS) , Up and Down and sequential frame 3d (attached image) .
I have three options in my tv as well SBS, U&D, 2D-> 3D.
I can see the SBS images clearly (of course with my 3d glasses on)
Where as I couldn't see the Frame sequential properly( using all the three properties), Even through 3D glass it looks like normal 3D image , as in we see without 3d glass.

Hope the question is some what clear, if you need further info reply back :) thanks again.

Maddy I'm
just waiting for the burn in period to get over. with a dim settings the photos won't look that great.

The image you have uploaded is of ANAGLYPH 3D !! It is not Frame sequential 3D !! Also you can NOT play frame sequential 3d through usb !!!

Thanks for the reply Madhav.. now that rises my last question :) .
Can I watch the anaglyph 3D :) from USB?

anaglyph 3d is old method of 3d watched with red-cyan paper glasses and does not need a 3dtv to watch. it works on all displays !!

BUT anaglyph is totally useless and mutes all colors and gives a horrible effect and not worth it !!! You wont watch it for more than 10mins !!!

As far as frame sequential 3d is concerned you will not be able to watch it from usb unless your 3dtv has option to mount a blu-ray iso and encode the mvc codec and play it. :)

thanks a lot for your answers Madhav. you are really helpful in clearing all my doubts.
I 'm closing this thread in stead of spamming it more :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back