New philips 32 inch 5609 n problem

chiron

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. Yesterday I brought my dream TV after reading so many good things about the philips 5609 in this forum and I am extremely happy.:yahoo: It's an amazing experience. So, thanks for the suggestions.

My setup:
WD media player
WD 640 GB HDD (200 movies n 100 Documentries/TV Shows):clapping:
Creative 2.1 Speakers (I am not an audiophile)

I have tried to hook up my modest 2.1 speaker system in the headphone jack of LCD and the experience was really nice. Sound was loud and clear without any disturbances. I have also connected my laptop with it using a HDMI cable. No issue, picture was bright n clear. So, far so good. Now the problem. When I came back from office and tried to watch something on TV, to my rude shock I heard only very loud humming from my speaker system (2.1). No music no sound. :sad:

There was no change in the setup. I don't know what happened within 8 hrs. The speaker system is working fine with mp3 players n laptop. Also the headphone jack in the LCD panel is working fine. Checked it by plugging my EP 630 earphones. Only when I insert the stereo cable (3.5 mm) of speaker, its starts humming very loudly.

Don't know what went wrong. I have searched many forums n found out that it can be grounding problem. But again it was working fine in the morning. This problem arises from nowhere.

Guys any help in this regard will be highly appreciated..

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. Yesterday I brought my dream TV after reading so many good things about the philips 5609 in this forum and I am extremely happy.:yahoo: It's an amazing experience. So, thanks for the suggestions.

My setup:
WD media player
WD 640 GB HDD (200 movies n 100 Documentries/TV Shows):clapping:
Creative 2.1 Speakers (I am not an audiophile)

I have tried to hook up my modest 2.1 speaker system in the headphone jack of LCD and the experience was really nice. Sound was loud and clear without any disturbances. I have also connected my laptop with it using a HDMI cable. No issue, picture was bright n clear. So, far so good. Now the problem. When I came back from office and tried to watch something on TV, to my rude shock I heard only very loud humming from my speaker system (2.1). No music no sound. :sad:

There was no change in the setup. I don't know what happened within 8 hrs. The speaker system is working fine with mp3 players n laptop. Also the headphone jack in the LCD panel is working fine. Checked it by plugging my EP 630 earphones. Only when I insert the stereo cable (3.5 mm) of speaker, its starts humming very loudly.

Don't know what went wrong. I have searched many forums n found out that it can be grounding problem. But again it was working fine in the morning. This problem arises from nowhere.

Guys any help in this regard will be highly appreciated..

Hi ,

I suggest you call the phillips cust. service n have phillips engineer visitt your place, you can then tell him about the problem, he should be able to help you.
Though you should have gotten help form this forum but as I see you don't have any replies , therefore you should just try to take care of it from yur end.
Cheers,

Reduce vol level of headphones & see if that remains.
Are your spk magnetically shielded to keep close to LCD?

Re: New philips 32 inch 5609 n problem.....now solved!!!!

Hi Everyone ,

Thanks for your concern n help. Cranky I don't have a cable connection right now. Thinking of Airtel Digital TV at earliest. I have tried all the possible options and nothing worked. But again perseverance pays.

Actually I have solved the problem, it was rather bypassing the problem. It yielded excellent result.

I was getting very loud humming from the headphone jack, so I decided to use a different approach. i.e, I use a 'Y' connector (3.5 mm jack at one side and audio component at other) on the subwoofer.

Next step I dumped by 3.5 mm cable and used a typical component cable and plug it to the component out section at the back of TV...;)

As expected it worked like a charm. Now I am able to get sound from the external speakers as well as the internal.:cool:

A much relieved man now. :eek:hyeah:

Re: New philips 32 inch 5609 n problem.....now solved!!!!

Hi Everyone ,

Thanks for your concern n help. Cranky I don't have a cable connection right now. Thinking of Airtel Digital TV at earliest. I have tried all the possible options and nothing worked. But again perseverance pays.

Actually I have solved the problem, it was rather bypassing the problem. It yielded excellent result.

I was getting very loud humming from the headphone jack, so I decided to use a different approach. i.e, I use a 'Y' connector (3.5 mm jack at one side and audio component at other) on the subwoofer.

Next step I dumped by 3.5 mm cable and used a typical component cable and plug it to the component out section at the back of TV...;)

As expected it worked like a charm. Now I am able to get sound from the external speakers as well as the internal.:cool:

A much relieved man now. :eek:hyeah:

Good as long as you have a remote to your 2.1 system.
The TVs remote will no longer control the 2.1 speakers' sound.

Or you have to run back and forth.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back