new replaced panel issue. lg 42ld460

bsd

hi guys my 8 month old lg 42ld460 had a single white dead pixel. lg service center replaced the panel with new one after 12days. now there is a blue spots (not a pixel) appearing on 4 to 5 places and also there is a vertical shadow like thing is appearing on it. what is the problem guys. i called service guy. he told me that he will come and check it on monday.
frustrated

Last edited by a moderator:
i asked them before replacing the panel. they said they will replace only panel and wont give the new tv

i will wait for service guy. he told me he will visit on monday. i am thinking of repayment. is it possible.

U have a valid case as the defect has been brought to their notice twice. Ask for a refund or change to some other model or brand.

hi guys my 8 month old lg 42ld460 had a single white dead pixel. lg service center replaced the panel with new one after 12days. now there is a blue spots (not a pixel) appearing on 4 to 5 places and also there is a vertical shadow like thing is appearing on it. what is the problem guys. i called service guy. he told me that he will come and check it on monday.
frustrated by the A.S.S of lg

First of all no one replaces the panel for a single dead pixel.
Changing the panel will bring in other issues bigger than the dead pixel itself.
You should have backed out when they said they will not replace the TV and will only replace the panel.

i will escalate the issue if they not met with the replacement issue.
before sending the tv to repair i called them thrice telling that i want a new tv.but they refused to do that. sometimes the guy who is in bangalore incharge of service zone did not received the call at all. after he told me that they will only replace the panel.

Tell them that you belong to this Forum and if they do not replace the entire LCD you will take up the issue on the Forum and also in the Consumer Court. This is very wrong on the part of LG too.

hi guys again the service center is telling that they will replace a panel. but i am refusing it. if i want a new tv where would i contact. through service center or where i purchased the tv.

You just need to contact the dealer where you got the LCD from, and tell him to get it replaced or he has the bear the consequences of the consumer court. The dealer will start singing once you tell this, do keep us informed.

I got a 47ld650 about 7 month back which have a blue dead pixel. LG is replacing the penal inspite of demand for replacement of set or upgrading the set. They are saying that they will replace the set only if penal replacement will fail.What should i do?

they will replace the panel. try to contact the retailer where did u bought the tv. ask him to change the set. even if he persist that to contact service center then no option rather than giving go ahead for panel replacement.

If the same thing would have happened in US or UK the companies would have been in deep trouble, I have a feeling that the products sold here are not of the same quality as the ones in US UK and Europe.

Not to discourage anyone guys.......... but I think the company must be having a clause in fine print which says that "x" number of dead pixels is not considered a defect.
If you go the consumer court way then they will simply state that they went the extra mile by replacing a panel that they had no legal obligation to replace, at the customer's request. Just playing devil's advocate here.....

My take - A Company is damn scared to appear in the Consumer Court and they feel their brand image gets tarnished and hence tries to settle the matter out of court and do anything to please the buyer.

Agreed.... but if you push too hard when they have the upper hand..... they have a team of highly paid lawyers who are trained to deal with just such cases.
Anyway, let's see how it pans out for the OP - whether he will get his TV replaced on threat of going to consumer court or not.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back