New Setup - Help Needed

rajat60

All, first off, great site. Been spending a lot of time reading all the reviews and user comments. I am planning to invest into a home theater system and this is what I have boiled it down to:

Amp: Denon AVR 1610 (Not to keen on the 1910... don't really see the value add.....)
Front Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 9.5
Rear Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, I am under the impression they come along with the stand...
Centre: Wharfedale Diamond. 9.CC
Sub: Wharfedale SW250

I am assuming this setup will set me be back by 75,000 INR or so..

The room size is 18X14X11 (LXWXH), standard brick wall construction....

Let me know if this sounds like a good setup. Here is the usage

Movies/TV: 70%
Music: 20%
Gaming 10%

Also please help me with some price indicatives and any special places to shop for these in and around NCR..... I have heard of Pro FX....

Cheers!

Rajat

Last edited:
What a coincidence!

After going through this forum and many others on the net for the last 15 days ..... other than seeking suggestions from numerous others .... then hiking up my budget .... then going and hearing the stuffs available ... fixed up the below ...

EITHER
Denon 1610 & Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ = 57 k
OR
Pioneer VSX 519V & Wharfedale Moviestar+ = 50 k

Speak to Denny (9999016124) at Bass & Treble, Dwarka .... visit him and get to hear the systems.

For a 70% load on movies, would not recommend the 'Diamonds', which are superb for music. You require a bit more 'aggression' which were quite evident on Moviestars 70+.

The room size is 18X14X11 (LXWXH), standard brick wall construction....

Movies/TV: 70%
Music: 20%
Gaming 10%

Also please help me with some price indicatives and any special places to shop for these in and around NCR..... I have heard of Pro FX....

Cheers!

Rajat

Considering your room size,its a fairly big room, you can also go for floorstanding speakers.

octpic3.jpg

It's well known , smaller rooms boost bass response. If you move to a place with a bigger room than your old one, bass suddenly sounds weak and insubstantial.

Try both small and big speaker(in terms of wattage,etc) setup's ,if possible,in your room before deciding. B'coz commercial demo rooms are different from our home setup's.

regards:)

Last edited:
Heard Diamond 10.5 and 10.1 sound much better than 9.1's and 9.5's... seems like I have found what I needed....

All thanks for all the help. Got 1610 and Wharfedale setup from Denny (Bass N Treble)

Hi Rajat,

How much were you set back for?

My cost was Pioneer VSX 519K + Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ + extra for optical cables = 49.4 K (installation included).

Both movies and music coming out splendidly, music a wee bit better, I guess.

107,000 All up including cables (Speaker Cables + 1 HDMI), had the DVD player with me....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back