New Sony models launched.

sandeepgarg

Sony is upgrading all its models in India. Across the board.

All new models will have 20 ending (520, 620, 720, 820 etc.), with upgraded acoustics and other upgrades including software upgrade to play all media files incl. mkv, and a lot of cosmetic appeal upgrades.

The pricing as per the company will remain about 10% above the competing models of Samsung etc.

These have already been displayed, to about 1500 Indian dealers, with selling training, brochures etc., at Sony's Dealer meet in Dubai this week. The 500 strong Sony India staff was asked to stay back 1 more day.

The pricing and launch date was not announced. They should be out either today or by Monday at the latest, as the new brochures and selling material has already been made available to them.

EX710 series is already available on their site.

My dealer who sells LG (has an LG Shoppe), Samsung and Sony, said that the internet video on the newer models, displayed side by side at the meet, with Samsung, was amazing.

Let's see what the dealer comes up with today or by Monday.

He has actually seen the display (He says!).

Even I asked him, whether we were getting these before the USA, he had no answer.

Last edited:
Well atleast they are the first to launch new model every year.My guess is that as the stocks of older ones get sold,the newer ones will launched.
May be the EX500 stocks were low,hence the EX520 being launched first.

According to Sony press release in CES 2011 the
HX929 series will be launched in april and 65" in august.

HX820,HX720,NX720 series will be launched in May.

EX720,EX620,EX520,BX420,BX320 will be launched in February.

But interesting things to know is that the new EX520 model consumes 9 watt less then the EX710 both are EdgeLed.

Aiming for IPL and beyond in India??

They would have got a huge market share if they introduced the new series here early!!

But then USA is USA I guess!!

Aiming for IPL and beyond in India??

They would have got a huge market share if they introduced the new series here early!!

But then USA is USA I guess!!

Well i didn't see a 2011 model listed in USA website.Even last year the new models were introduced in india earlier then USA.

So EX520 can not record video. There is no clarity regarding support of different video formats or whther NTFS HDD play back is there. I should go for EX400 LCD and buy a WD player.

So EX520 can not record video. There is no clarity regarding support of different video formats or whther NTFS HDD play back is there. I should go for EX400 LCD and buy a WD player.

Well there is no info in the PDF manual which states that it cannot record video.
Or the supported format.
The detailed i-manual is embedded in the tv.So unless we actually see the tv we can't know for sure.

I didn'tinform my friend who was checking out the TV in Rajkot.! what a wasted oppertunity. But I don't think recording is there in ex520. The manual in adder's link states that explicitly.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back