New speaker cables for my HT.

Which Speaker Cable....?

• Total voters

rana_kirti

Hi frens,

time to upgrade the speaker cables to get the best out of my new setup. i've read a little bit over the last 3 days and read a few websites stating the speaker cable makes no difference, some say it makes a spectacular difference.... many users agree, some don't agree.

I've decided to go with the "It makes a difference" Group of people. The setup is mentioned in my sig.

1. How much should be the budget % wise against the total cost of setup ?

2. When people say "Setup" does the cost include the speakers+sub+avr or only speakers + sub ?

After researching a little i've come to conclude on 3 brands.

1. Belden 5000UE
2. VAN DAMME UP LC OFC
3. Supra Classic

Which one and why ?

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Cables make a lot of difference. I have tested this many times and there is a difference. Add up QED, Liberty and Ultralink in your list. These are good and high quality cables.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

the VAN DAMME UP LC OFC is out of the running...

it's a two way battle between belden ( which i've never heard ) vs. Supra Classic ( heard during psb/nad demo )

any one heard the belden...? feedback requested... :)

Why don't you try getting Mogami W3103. Its super cheap at 400 rupees a meter from Pace Mediatek, Bombay and easily holds it own against cables multiple times that price. It was significantly better than the Audioquest Jaguar CV4 which sells for over 500USD that I had long ago.

There's absolutely nothing else I can recommend that comes close in that price range.

why is the "VAN DAMME UP LC OFC is out of the running"

I have just ordered them that's why asking.

my research found out that the VD cables are bit on the WARM side with emphasis on the lower frequencies and as my speakers are neutral and a bit on the warm side and also my AVR is on the warm side it would/might lead to a dull/muddied sound.

This was verified to me by a hifi dealer with experience of many years on whathifi forums. Hence i dropped the VD.

But it should be just fine with your EMO + Dali combo...!

Why don't you try getting Mogami W3103. Its super cheap at 400 rupees a meter from Pace Mediatek, Bombay and easily holds it own against cables multiple times that price. It was significantly better than the Audioquest Jaguar CV4 which sells for over 500USD that I had long ago.

There's absolutely nothing else I can recommend that comes close in that price range.

i'm gonna look into Mogami. will read up on it... thanks

I am currently using Chord carnival silverscreen cables and it is really amazing, the low end is too good compared to the old Monster / Profigold cables used. Future plan is to upgrade to Linn K400 cables.

I use Belden 5T00UP which is the 10 AWG version through Bluejeans cable. Bought it based on reviews, and fairly reasonable pricing.

They sound good to me, but I am hardly an expert.

There are quite a few users of Belden 5000 UE, but bought through BJC. If I am not mistaken, our mods Venkatcr and madbullram use these too.

would you say you felt a change in sound from with the 79 vs. the previous cables you were using ?

Hi Rana,

The Belden 5000UE are supposed to go well with PSB's as gathered from reviews found on google. Have not heard the pairing personally. Maybe you have to take a chance & find out yourself if the combo works well with your receiver/speaker combo.

The cables make a difference thats for sure. I can clearly see that my 50 bucks interconnect sound way different than the monster 400i I have. The sound is better with the monster but I guess its accentuating the highs a bit too much.

I've also ordered Crimson Plus and Silver Screen from Pranab. Hopefully I'll see a positive change in my rig now.

thanks for sharing your experiences... do let me know what difference the Crimson Plus and Silver Screen make.

I've read the Silver screen is slightly bright. Do update us on how it changes the sound.

Regards,

Rana

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back