New speakers crackly, help or info needed

Perkins

I bought my first car not long ago (1993 subaru liberty) and the rear speakers started to crackle under bass. So I replaced them with Sony speakers and 2 weeks later they started crackling again under bass, the bass wasn't too heavy either. Today my brother put his speakers in and they worked fine (this made me believe the speakers were at fault, but to get the same issue with 2 sets of speakers couldn't just be a coincidence right?) I put mine in again and they still crackled. So I'm not sure if it's an issue with the car or I just received faulty speakers. Any advice or even brainstorming would be an awesome help.
Note: the loudest i put my speakers to was just audible while driving not loud at all. When I put my sonys in I made it louder but that was only to stress test them to see if they would do what my old speakers did. And they were fine at the time. And it is onky the rear speakers playing up

I bought my first car not long ago (1993 subaru liberty) and the rear speakers started to crackle under bass. So I replaced them with Sony speakers and 2 weeks later they started crackling again under bass, the bass wasn't too heavy either. Today my brother put his speakers in and they worked fine (this made me believe the speakers were at fault, but to get the same issue with 2 sets of speakers couldn't just be a coincidence right?) I put mine in again and they still crackled. So I'm not sure if it's an issue with the car or I just received faulty speakers. Any advice or even brainstorming would be an awesome help.
Note: the loudest i put my speakers to was just audible while driving not loud at all. When I put my sonys in I made it louder but that was only to stress test them to see if they would do what my old speakers did. And they were fine at the time. And it is onky the rear speakers playing up

There are many possibilities.

1. power supply from the battery,check whether the amp is getting the right voltage and enough power.
2. amp may be at fault,some components might have blown off.
3. lastly the drivers at fault. (cone or voice coil faulty)

you have to remove the amp and drivers out and individually test the drivers with different amp,or check the amp with different drivers with other power supply (right voltage and amp)..

r/s.

There are many possibilities.

1. power supply from the battery,check whether the amp is getting the right voltage and enough power.
2. amp may be at fault,some components might have blown off.
3. lastly the drivers at fault. (cone or voice coil faulty)

you have to remove the amp and drivers out and individually test the drivers with different amp,or check the amp with different drivers with other power supply (right voltage and amp)..

r/s.

Thanks I'll test it wall when I get the time. I'm extremely new to this type of thing so it will be a learning curve.
Also my speakers started working again today when I first turned my car on in the morning, but the rear speakers started to crackle under bass an hour later and the front speakers were working fine. Just thinking about this kind of stuff makes my brain hurt

So I hate to be the person that is absolutely clueless but has their own say (sorry) but I found a parts list for my cars audio system and it shows no sign of an amplifier

1993 Subaru Legacy Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/Green
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Blue/Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Front Speakers Size: 6 1/2? Speakers
Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Red
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Black
Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2? Speakers
Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow/White
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Red
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Black

But the head unit has been changed for a Honda touch screen one, I'm guessing anywhere from 2000-2010 model.
From what I've seen the amp is the main thing being pointed at the moment, but if my car doesn't have one what else could be the issue? A loose connection? The issue occurs on and off randomly, just yesterday they were crystal clear and I got my hopes up, but today those hopes were shattered again. My ears are always open towards suggestions and I will attempt the above if I discover an amplifier. I just wanted to show my new found information and see if this opens up any ideas. Thanks again ??

So I hate to be the person that is absolutely clueless but has their own say (sorry) but I found a parts list for my cars audio system and it shows no sign of an amplifier

1993 Subaru Legacy Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/Green
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Blue/Yellow
??????

car radio itself is an amp cum radio where you connect the 12v+ red/green wire,i told you to check your drivers with another amp, take the speakers out of your car totally and test them outside and let me know the result,if the drivers are sounding well then the car radio is at fault.

better post some pics of your car radio and drivers with cone facing.

r/s.

Sorry didnt realise head unit was amp (new to this). But tested speakers on another amp and they worked perfectly. Is there anyway to repair the amp or do I needto get a new amp?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back