new speakers for Duster AWD

koushikp

Hi all,

I will most likely book the duster AWD next week and reading on many forums that the stock speakers are horrible. Till now I was satisfied with my car speakers in the 2010 Honda city, so never really put any thought in which speakers to buy and all...any recommendations?

budget: I don't have any budget in mind but I have the capacity to spend upto 15k or so. My idea is not to overspend on car speakers as I consider the car to be a very imperfect acoustic chamber, and the attention is never on the music

usage: my usage of the car in terms of being driven by a driver and self driving will be about 50-50, so would like equally good speakers in both front and rear seat.

I don't intend to put a sub or change amplifiers.

Congrats on the purchase, as a fellow Duster owner! There are very limited choices for speakers unfortunately as the enclosures in the car only fit ~5.25" speakers rather than the standard 6.5". I believe the only recommended option is Infinity Kappas that will fit nicely within your budget. Enjoy!

Jbl gto are good and rugged stuffs mine has been doing duty in my swift ever since 2010 I.e 1,15000kms!!!! But I feel infinity would be better....even I am so confused on speaker upgrade for a xuv...

I am using JBL 5.25" speakers in my Terrano. Much better than OEM speakers. These are direct replacement and nothing needs to be done. I have changed them myself. I bought the speakers from snapdeal.

Cheers.

I finally went ahead and bought the kappa 52.11i pair from snapdeal. Much better than the OEM pair.. But I think the biggest bottleneck in the system is the Bluetooth sound quality of the touchscreen unit in my duster awd.. sound much better when playing radio or connecting through the aux port.. Quality drops perceptibly when streaming through Bluetooth

I discarded my OEM headunit and put a Blaupunkt Los Angeles 500 system.

It works well.

Regards
Interesting.. Was yours the touchscreen unit with built-in navigation? Did you lose any functionality as a result of the change? And finally does it fit perfectly in the available slot?

Yes but also highly sensitive at 94 db so should be fine unless the amplifier is absolutely incompatible with anything lesser than 4 ohms.

Interesting.. Was yours the touchscreen unit with built-in navigation? Did you lose any functionality as a result of the change? And finally does it fit perfectly in the available slot?

100% compatible. After all they are Double Din. Mine is touch screen etc. but no navigation. This one has reversing camera provision etc. The GPS navigation model is call San Diego 530. I have it on my Pajero. I would highly recommend San Diego model.

Cheers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back