New TCL 85 inch TV model 1.99L INR

vineetrad

Does anyone know more about the new TCL 85 inch P8 LED TV? Their April 2019 Press release mentions a price of 1.99L but the only info I've been able to find online is the below:

How does this look vs the iFalcon, Vu 75 inch TVs? Also considering the RU7100 from Samsung - any inputs on whether the higher price point is worth it vs the other two brands?

I myself been trying to find one, but no avail .

However just saw today listed in Croma Online Store not sure if available at offline stores

Emailed TCL to know if going to available at amazon or somewhere, will jump to buy.

The price for an 85" TV in India is quite low compared to other mainstream options. If the picture quality is good and the service dependable then this is a bargain. In the US some people like TCL. Does anyone have experience with TCL TVs in India? Both picture quality and service?

Naturally we can't expect it to be the best in terms on brightness or contrast but is it still good enough?

Wow...85 inch...the enjoyment at looking at such a large size itself will compensate many of the shortcomings. Key would be build quality and how much life it will have without major service issues....

Quick Update :

Bought from Croma yesterday, will get it delivered tomorrow.. they are giving 3 years warranty, no other discount. no demo was available either. Will update further when it arrives.

Congrats bro :)

Wow !!! That one humongous TV. Please do post some unboxing and video pics.

Congrats bro :)

Wow !!! That one humongous TV. Please do post some unboxing and video pics.
Thanks man,
I know when I bought 65 inch Samsung plasma 9 years back that used to feel huge. The clarity d9000 had I don't see that even in qleds now ‍♂

Have TCL 65inch since sept 2017 and i am satisfied with the quality.

Last edited:
First thing is to check for any dead pixels or non uniform backlight since the panel size is so huge...play some plain colours from YouTube...then get used to your TV and its settings.

Having read about TCL TVs a few times I think the problem is more about their service than their picture. Unless your one of those people who go looking for issues the picture should be pretty good for most people. Last I checked they have service issues and you can not locate a service center on their official Indian website, also as far as I can remember there was no easy way to get in touch with them directly over phone or at an actual physical address on their website. There are a few reviews online stating that the service is poor. I reckon these are far greater obstacles than the picture. One could certainly argue you could buy a few of these for the price of an 85" from a more reputed company but even so paying the mentioned price for a year or two of viewing doesn't bode well with me. I do hope they will get their act together as it is an excellent price for such a product in the current market place in India.

Was getting it installed today, but no wall mount inside the box! This is TCL first sale of this size TV. Engineer talking backend..
It has quite a depth and build quality seems much much better than 65 I have.

Picture quality in TCL is good though cannot compare it to main stream TV's like Sony, Samsung, LG etc...My grudge is only with their service. Very difficult to get hold of them even during warranty period and personally for me the panel went dud during the warranty period and after several phone calls the service technician simply came and told that the panel was not available and he will not be able to do anything about it. Interestingly when I checked the panel was available in the local market. After I threatened them with legal action and sent them legal notice through advocate, things began to move and the panel was changed after 3 months.

All good as long as the tv works good but if it requires service that is a different story. This is my personal experience but for those who owns the tv the service experience might be different either bad or good.

Picture quality in TCL is good though cannot compare it to main stream TV's like Sony, Samsung, LG etc...My grudge is only with their service. Very difficult to get hold of them even during warranty period and personally for me the panel went dud during the warranty period and after several phone calls the service technician simply came and told that the panel was not available and he will not be able to do anything about it. Interestingly when I checked the panel was available in the local market. After I threatened them with legal action and sent them legal notice through advocate, things began to move and the panel was changed after 3 months.

All good as long as the tv works good but if it requires service that is a different story. This is my personal experience but for those who owns the tv the service experience might be different either bad or good.

Yikes chalo atleast they got the notice. This is my 4th TCL tv till date no prob with any of them :)

Quick UPDATE : Getting table top for today, after having discussion with senior managers at TCL, They are trying to get wall mount by tomorrow. Saw in tcl aus website even 600*400 vesa mount will be compatible so issue isn't that big.

But strange for them to not have table mount inside the box! Their first sale definitely.

Yikes chalo atleast they got the notice. This is my 4th TCL tv till date no prob with any of them :)

Quick UPDATE : Getting table top for today, after having discussion with senior managers at TCL, They are trying to get wall mount by tomorrow. Saw in tcl aus website even 600*400 vesa mount will be compatible so issue isn't that big.

But strange for them to not have table mount inside the box! Their first sale definitely.
How does it feels to be the first !!

Hey Cool...
Congratulations on the first place! I hope you are really enjoying the monster!

I had a question - What made you decide for a 85" inch TV over a Projector. I'm doing my research now and I see that for the same price one can buy a really good DLP projector which can scale upto 150". Even a short throw one.

Yes I understand, there is an additional expense, maybe three times to build a proper home theater room :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back