New to HT… Need help for new setup

srikanth4285

This is Srikanth from Hyderabad, I currently own Bose Soundbar 700, Bose 700 Sub & Bose 700 surround speakers. Due to small living room, I know I have made an mistake going with soundbar & not a proper HT setup.

Now I am planning to sell this Bose & get proper HT, my living room measures 11 x 12, with 65inch TV on 11 feet side.

I am new to HT and don’t have any idea about this stuff, need experts advice in short listing proper HT with a budget of 1.5 lakhs, if I don’t get decent products in this price I can go with 2.1 and add rear & ceiling speakers in future.
  • AV receiver which can support Atmos 5.1.2
  • Looking for book shelf speakers front speakers (Don’t have space for floor speakers)
  • Decent Sub

This is Srikanth from Hyderabad, I currently own Bose Soundbar 700, Bose 700 Sub & Bose 700 surround speakers. Due to small living room, I know I have made an mistake going with soundbar & not a proper HT setup.

Now I am planning to sell this Bose & get proper HT, my living room measures 11 x 12, with 65inch TV on 11 feet side.

I am new to HT and don’t have any idea about this stuff, need experts advice in short listing proper HT with a budget of 1.5 lakhs, if I don’t get decent products in this price I can go with 2.1 and add rear & ceiling speakers in future.
  • AV receiver which can support Atmos 5.1.2
  • Looking for book shelf speakers front speakers (Don’t have space for floor speakers)
  • Decent Sub
Hi Srikanth,
You'll get a good seven-channel receiver for around 70K.
That will leave you with 80K for the speakers. Working backwards, you can cheap out on the ceiling and surround speakers (say within 30K)
Which will leave you with 50K for LCR and subwoofer, which sounds like a bit on the lower side.
You may need to bump up to around 2L for a good experience. Or alternatively, you can start with L-R + surround + ceiling within your budget and then add a sub and a centre channel last. I suggest this, cos you should see how the L-Rs work in your space without Centre and if you like it, you may not need one. So, you could start with a 4.0.2 set-up and then later add the sub.
As for brands, since you live in Hyderabad, there will be a lot of options. Please take the time and go listen to as many speakers as possible in your budget.
All the best.

Hi Srikanth,
You'll get a good seven-channel receiver for around 70K.
That will leave you with 80K for the speakers. Working backwards, you can cheap out on the ceiling and surround speakers (say within 30K)
Which will leave you with 50K for LCR and subwoofer, which sounds like a bit on the lower side.
You may need to bump up to around 2L for a good experience. Or alternatively, you can start with L-R + surround + ceiling within your budget and then add a sub and a centre channel last. I suggest this, cos you should see how the L-Rs work in your space without Centre and if you like it, you may not need one. So, you could start with a 4.0.2 set-up and then later add the sub.
As for brands, since you live in Hyderabad, there will be a lot of options. Please take the time and go listen to as many speakers as possible in your budget.
All the best.
Yeah I am also planning to upgrade in phases as speakers are which will be one time investment that should last for 15-20 years. Your inputs are really helpful.

Try ProFX Hyderabad.

PRO FX HYDERABAD​

S 302, Third Floor,
Babukhan Mall,
Somajiguda Circle,
Hyderabad 500 016,
Tel: 04040218387 | +91 9396556197
E-mail: [email protected]
Timings: 10.00 am to 7.00 pm (Monday to Saturday)

Hi mate,

I already have Bose Soundbar 700 and thinking of buying the SUB, incase you are upgrading i would like to buy the Sub from you - Let me know what you think. And, yea am from Mumbai !!

I went through a similar exercise recently - wanted to get a sound bar for my TV and ended up with a 5.1.2 dedicated movie room.

I have a smallish room as well and I dont listen to stuff very loudly (not even close to reference levels). I have gone with PSB Alpha speakers - which are really well voiced and not overly bright/fatiguing to listen to, and an old sub I had lying around. For an AVR - you are looking at around 70k or so for the Marantz slimline units: not the most powerful but for a small room, they should be perfectly adequate.

That should get you in at about the same price point. You can also check out Elac, Q Audio or Dali, as other options in a similar price range.

Hi Srikanth, Iam also from Hyderabad.
I am looking for 5.2.2 setup and nearly finalized Denon 1700H after taking demo from USK electronics.. i took demo from UsK for denon/Yamaha and Tonewinner from 3vtek b.hills.

However, In mean time my friend upgrading his system to 7.2.4 setup and Luckily I bought his Yamaha RX-V585 7.2ch avr.

I am looking for speakers suitable for it... I am hearing a lot about Taga Harmony speakers. I heard in kphb there is a dealer who deals with taga ,he has a demo setup as well.

Or else I will buy one by one speaker and build slowly so that later we don't need to spend on speakers.

Hi Srikanth, Iam also from Hyderabad.
I am looking for 5.2.2 setup and nearly finalized Denon 1700H after taking demo from USK electronics.. i took demo from UsK for denon/Yamaha and Tonewinner from 3vtek b.hills.

However, In mean time my friend upgrading his system to 7.2.4 setup and Luckily I bought his Yamaha RX-V585 7.2ch avr.

I am looking for speakers suitable for it... I am hearing a lot about Taga Harmony speakers. I heard in kphb there is a dealer who deals with taga ,he has a demo setup as well.

Or else I will buy one by one speaker and build slowly so that later we don't need to spend on speakers.

That's not a bad avr. Congrats. The current crop of AVRs are atrociously priced, whatever the reasons be.

Yamaha tend to be a little brighter sounding compared to Denon. So keep that in the mind when hunting speakers. ( One can always tweak the EQ, however).

I hope you got a good deal with 585 leaving at least 1L+ remaining from your 1.5L budget.

Have a look at our classifieds. If you couldn't find any deals appealing there, find the best subwoofer you can afford and spend the rest on bookshelves. This will be better than settling for a basic tower setup.

Good luck.​

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back