New to the world of home entertainment!

Inderino

Hello everyone, recently decided to build a setup for streaming movies from online platform. I have purchased a 65 inch TV and a Mi Box 4k. I'm now on the hunt for surround speakers.

The TV is in a hall measuring 21 x 16 ft. Viewing distance between the TV and the seats are about 19.5 to 20ft. The Mi Box 4k has HDMI ARC and apparently optical (SPDIF) out. I'd be much obliged for any information regarding

1) Will I need a decoder for 5.1 setups? Mi box -> HDMI TV + Optical to Decoder -> Speakers? Will streaming films even support 5.1 surround?

2) What's the absolute cheapest VFM setup below 40k INR?

Thank you so much in advance!

If the budget is strict, and you must have a surround sound setup to start with, maybe you could check out something like HTP-076 from HiFiMART.
While this should work, the caveat is that sooner or later you will find the sound to be rather thin. Those tiny satellite speakers can only do so much.
Alternatively, you could also consider an entry-level soundbar; like the Q Acoustics M4. It is surprisingly good for its size and might be a good start.

your set up should be
Mi Box >> AVR ( HT System with speakers) >> TV

Now you'll connect Mi Box to one of the HDMI In connection of your HT and then from your HT System to your TV through " HDMI out"

This way you'll get the surround sound in your HT.

As regards to AVR, if budget is less then you can consider Denon X250BT and speakers could be https://hifimart.com/product/taga-harmony-tav-506-v-2-home-theatre-speaker-system-html/

your set up should be
Mi Box >> AVR ( HT System with speakers) >> TV

Now you'll connect Mi Box to one of the HDMI In connection of your HT and then from your HT System to your TV through " HDMI out"

This way you'll get the surround sound in your HT.

As regards to AVR, if budget is less then you can consider Denon X250BT and speakers could be https://hifimart.com/product/taga-harmony-tav-506-v-2-home-theatre-speaker-system-html/
Denon X250BT doesn't come with usb if i am not wrong so can we use a Mi box for usb connectivity ? Also can we play movies with 5.1Dolby surround sound??

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back