Newbie attention: Questions to answer before you buy a home theatre / stereo set-up.

pupupuchi28

Hi,

Over the last couple of months, while I have been extensively surfing this forum, I realised that most of the threads, have some common questions, for which members suggest some standard answers. Most of these questions are from the first time toddlers into quality sound. So I thought to draft a list of questions that the 'noobs' should answer while they post their questions for the forum members. I have jotted down some of them, please feel free to add to this list. I have intentionally avoided any abbreviations to communicate clearly to the 'Newbies' (incl me).

While a FAQ can be another route to handle this, however the suggestions posted against a common FAQ can be very subjective to the requirement of a particular person and hence it may not give the necessary result. Moreover the answers for a combination of questions can run into thousands.

Want to purchase a home theatre / Stereo set-up.
- What is the budget with a +/- deviation?
- Are you going to invest more, for the set-up in future, or is it one time investment?
- What are your listening preferences? Music Vs Movies in %age.
- Home theatre or stereo set-up?
- What genres of music do you normally listen to?
- What is the volume of the room? Length, breadth, hight?
- Do you have a dedicated room for the set-up?
- Are you also going to invest in the room accoustics or will the set-up act more like plug and play?
- What are your current possesions (DVD/Speakers/Amps/etc)?
- Do you plan to use your current possesions with the new purchase or change them as and when the pocket permits?
- Any preference towards a particular brand (Onkyo / Denon etc) / type of equipment (Book shelfs / home theatre in a box etc)?
- Do you have access to foreign markets to purchase the set-up?

Mod: Please add / delete if there is already a thread on this. Couldn't find it till now.

Members: Please add relevant questions to the list.

Re: Newbie attention: Questions to answer before you buy a home theatre / stereo set-

Voted 5 stars. I think this needs to be a sticky.

Re: Newbie attention: Questions to answer before you buy a home theatre / stereo set-

this needs to be sticky.. can save a lot of new threads and lot of confusion for the new members..

yeah.. mods make it sticky.

Brilliant idea. Congratulations.

Hi,

Over the last couple of months, while I have been extensively surfing this forum, I realised that most of the threads, have some common questions, for which members suggest some standard answers. Most of these questions are from the first time toddlers into quality sound. So I thought to draft a list of questions that the 'noobs' should answer while they post their questions for the forum members. I have jotted down some of them, please feel free to add to this list. I have intentionally avoided any abbreviations to communicate clearly to the 'Newbies' (incl me).

While a FAQ can be another route to handle this, however the suggestions posted against a common FAQ can be very subjective to the requirement of a particular person and hence it may not give the necessary result. Moreover the answers for a combination of questions can run into thousands.

Want to purchase a home theatre / Stereo set-up.
- What is the budget with a +/- deviation?
- Are you going to invest more, for the set-up in future, or is it one time investment?
- What are your listening preferences? Music Vs Movies in %age.
- Home theatre or stereo set-up?
- What genres of music do you normally listen to?
- What is the volume of the room? Length, breadth, hight?
- Do you have a dedicated room for the set-up?
- Are you also going to invest in the room accoustics or will the set-up act more like plug and play?
- What are your current possesions (DVD/Speakers/Amps/etc)?
- Do you plan to use your current possesions with the new purchase or change them as and when the pocket permits?
- Any preference towards a particular brand (Onkyo / Denon etc) / type of equipment (Book shelfs / home theatre in a box etc)?
- Do you have access to foreign markets to purchase the set-up?

Mod: Please add / delete if there is already a thread on this. Couldn't find it till now.

Members: Please add relevant questions to the list.
What is the budget with a +/- deviation? rs.1lac +/- rs.15k
- Are you going to invest more, for the set-up in future, or is it one time investment?no
- What are your listening preferences? Music Vs Movies in %age.70%movies( tv aux) rest music FM radio
- Home theatre or stereo set-up?HT
- What genres of music do you normally listen to? hip hop,,rock,techno
- What is the volume of the room? Length, breadth, hight? 17^21^10
- Do you have a dedicated room for the set-up?NO..in living room
- Are you also going to invest in the room accoustics or will the set-up act more like plug and play?NO
- What are your current possesions (DVD/Speakers/Amps/etc)?NO
- Do you plan to use your current possesions with the new purchase or change them as and when the pocket permits?no
- Any preference towards a particular brand (Onkyo / Denon etc) / type of equipment (Book shelfs / home theatre in a box etc)?FS for front ...speakers ( MORDAUNT SHORT)
- Do you have access to foreign markets to purchase the set-up? I can get any amp from gulf ..no problem

PLS help i have practically no clue of which brands to look for....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back