Newbie here: Want to buy a home theater :)

Suraj RP

Hey guys Suraj here,
I am very new to hifi and I have no clue on what to get.
I have a budget of around 1lakh, I am looking to buy a Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 set up in that. It would be really great if you could suggest what to get in that budget and where should I buy it in bangalore.
This is the present research that I have done and collated these options,
please go through them and let me know which combo works the best and if you have any new additions to it.

1) Receivers :

Yamaha RX-V585 7.2 atmos 80 watts 48,750 oober pad
Pioneer VSX-834 7.2 atmos 155 watts ₹39,120 hifimart
DENON AVR-X1500H 7.2 atmos 80 watts ₹39,999 hifimart
PIONEER VSX-933 AVR 7.2 atmos 135 watts 51,000 revolver club
Denon AVR-X2400H 7.2 atmos 125 watts 49,999 hifimart
Pioneer VSX-934 7.2 atmos 160 watts ₹46,320 hifimart

2) Speaker sets :

Polk Audio T50 Fusion Speaker Set : 42,900 audiomaxx
Front Speaker 150W
Center Speaker 100W
Surround Speaker 150W

Pioneer S-RS88TB tower : 32,215 oober pad
Front Speaker 150W
Center Speaker 120W
Surround Speaker 120W

taga Harmony TAV-606 V.3 30,000 hifimart
Front Speaker 20-120W
Center Speaker 20-100W
Surround Speaker 20-100W

Pure Acoustics Spark - Speaker Package 42,000.00 avstore
Front Speaker 200W
Center Speaker 140W
Surround Speaker 140W

3) Standing speakers :

Yamaha NS-8390 70 W - 220 W 18,889 oober pad
Polk Audio T50 60 rms 150w peak 22,500 avstore

4) center speaker :

Polk Audio TL2 Blackstone 125w 9,900 audiomaxx
Polk Audio T3 100w 9,500 avstore
Wharfedale Atlantic GE 150 w 9,750 hifimart
Taga Harmony PLATINUM C-90 SL 120w hifimart

5) Surround speakers :

Polk Audio T15 20 watts → 100 watts 10,000 avstore
JBL C1PRO Control One Pro 11,000 audiomaxx
TAGA Harmony TAV-806S 8,720 hifimart

6) Sub woofer :

Yamaha NS-SW050 Active Subwoofer 8 Inch 50 W rms 11,599 avstore
Yamaha NS-SW100 10 inch 17,499 avstore
Polk Audio DSW PRO 440wi 180-watt 21,900 audiomaxx
Polk Audio PSW-10 50-watt RMS 17,499

7) Atmos speakers :

The JBL Arena 6IC 80 watts RMS 12,000 avstore
Polk Audio RC60i. 20-100 Watts 13,9000 audiomaxx
Klipsch CS16C-II 40w Rms / 160w Peak 13,700 audiomaxx

So please guide me which speakers and receiver I could get for this price. Thank you in advance

You are on the right track, just make sure that the AVR supports eARC. It's required to support ATOMS over ARC encoded by Dolby True HD. You can consider Denon x1600H or x2600H. A lot depends on how you are going to consume the media, BD or Streaming. Size of the room is also an important factor to consider.

Hi Suraj, you can have a look at the following thread in which the thread starter incidentally has the same shortlist as you.

You are on the right track, just make sure that the AVR supports eARC. It's required to support ATOMS over ARC encoded by Dolby True HD. You can consider Denon x1600H or x2600H. A lot depends on how you are going to consume the media, BD or Streaming. Size of the room is also an important factor to consider.
Hi
Can you tell me why atoms needs eARC, I could see Denon 1400h is atoms enabled which don't have eARC

Hi
Can you tell me why atoms needs eARC, I could see Denon 1400h is atoms enabled which don't have eARC

Well, the ARC comes into the picture if you have hooked all your AV devices to the TV and routing the audio from the TV to AV Receiver. ARC only supports DD+, which is kind of sufficient to enjoy ATMOS from streaming APP. But if you have your BD/ Play Station hooked to the TV, you won't be able to receive ATMOS via ARC. In this case, you need eARC. The reason behind, BD / PlayStation games uses Dolby True HD encoding to send ATMOS metadata. And ARC doesn't support True HD encoding but eARC. Both TV and AVR should support eARC to reap the benefits to this feature else it will automatically fall back to ARC.

Last edited:

Hi Suraj, you can have a look at the following thread in which the thread starter incidentally has the same shortlist as you.

Thank you so much :) Well I got Denon avr-x2600h, Polk t50 speakers and Polk H10 subwoofer with polk atmos speakers. Any heads up you wanna give?

Looks like he copypasted from there :p :D

That's my brother. We were researching for the home theater systems parallely

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Suraj, Iam also Looking for Denon avr-x2600h ? Whats the best price you got for Denon avr-x2600h ?

You can get x2600h for around 54k

Last edited by a moderator:
Anywhere between 49-52k I suppose from local dealers.
My suggestion also is to reach out to https://www.indiqaudio.com/ as well.
The have excellent stuff that are better than most of the things around. Their speakers are excellent and especially their pre and power amps too. Also if you are looking at a complete home theatre then they have an offering there too. They are well appreciated by some of the FM’s too.
I have auditioned their line of towers and book shelves and I was stunned by their performance and I regret I did not know about the folks out there before i chose what I have.

Can we get a copy of their current pricelist/MRPs? Definitely merits a try/demo, going by the specs on the website.
You can reach out to Amit on +91 70322 92587. I listened to their Amp and speakers and they were just mind blowing.
Reach out to him and see if you can get a demo.
Regards,
Somanna

Can we get a copy of their current pricelist/MRPs? Definitely merits a try/demo, going by the specs on the website.
I don't have the price list of the entire range of speakers but the one i liked a lot is Platinum Achal and that costs 89K is what i am being told. They were mind blowing when paired with their Mono and i am planning to bring one home soon.. I think its best you reach out to Amit and he should be able to give you all the details.
I met him when i had been to audition the speakers and he is a very nice person and definitely answer to all your queries.

I don't have the price list of the entire range of speakers but the one i liked a lot is Platinum Achal and that costs 89K is what i am being told. They were mind blowing when paired with their Mono and i am planning to bring one home soon.. I think its best you reach out to Amit and he should be able to give you all the details.
I met him when i had been to audition the speakers and he is a very nice person and definitely answer to all your queries.
which monoblock amp you are taking? universal, gold or platinum?

which monoblock amp you are taking? universal, gold or platinum?
I liked both platinum and gold but leaning more towards the Platinum however I like the preset filters they have added in Gold. I personally liked the High Low combination.
So i am trying to see if I can pool in extra cash for Platinum or start with gold and upgrade to platinum at a later stage. Anyways they do have an option to upgrade by just paying the remaining amount.

I liked both platinum and gold but leaning more towards the Platinum however I like the preset filters they have added in Gold. I personally liked the High Low combination.
So i am trying to see if I can pool in extra cash for Platinum or start with gold and upgrade to platinum at a later stage. Anyways they do have an option to upgrade by just paying the remaining amount.
I talked with Amit today and looking to take platinum achal. He told that I can use them for a week and in case I dont like them, he can give full refund. So, thinking of taking speakers for now and add gold/platinum apm later.

I talked with Amit today and looking to take platinum achal. He told that I can use them for a week and in case I dont like them, he can give full refund. So, thinking of taking speakers for now and add gold/platinum apm later.
Yeah. That’s a good way to go. I am too planning on the same. He is very committed and is there in the market to provide best in class for an affordable price. I am just putting together some dough to try and pick up both together. Will see if that’s possible or I will at least pick up the towers to start off.

Could you give me contact if you have... Also looking for trusted Denon dealers in Hyderabad. Thanks in Advance!!
I am based in chennai. But I suppose this is typical range you can expect from local dealers. For dealers you can try profx, I see they have presence there. But FMs from Hyderabad would be able to provide better guidance.

Back