Newbie looking for Home Theatre advice

kib_reddy

Hi guys, I have been a lurker here for a few months now, researching audio equipment for my new house coming up in Hyderabad. I have come to a decision point and I need to put money down NOW.

My dedicated media room is 13 X 24 feet! A dream come true for me as both me and wifey love watching movies. I have the ceiling projector stand installed at 16 feet from the screen wall to cover most of the wall (12.5 feet wide image). The projector is an Epson 6000 that seems to have this forums approval. Now its time to pic the speakers.

I am no audiophile, this is my first real audio setup. Usage.. I would say 60:40 Movies:Music. I did my research and had settled on Boston Acoustics A 360. Experts seem to love it and everyone says it sounds way more expensive than it costs. The A 26 satellites and A225 Center speaker (in unpopular white color) were on sale at Accessories4less and I put 300 dollars of the lot. I was going to buy the woofer and FS speakers locally and was very happy to get the system for around 75,000.

But I later found out that the A series speakers are all rear ported and I have no option but to place them against the walls in my room. In fact I now feel the A 26 satellites (very competent book shelf speakers) would stick out like sore thumbs suspended on the walls above the sofa as they are quite large. The large A360 speakers would also force me to reduce the size of the projection image if placed flush against the image wall.

So I am now thinking of disposing the satellite and center speakers and instead go for KEF T205. Super slim and chick. It would cost me about 115000 : ( and I will lose money selling the speakers I got from the US. Is it worth it guys? The T205 also are famously great sounding but 40,000 more for questionably better audio quality I dont know. What do you say?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back