Newbie looking for major help. Need suggestions on a setup.

krish1234

Im kinda really new to this. I mean iv always only had the normal 2.1 speakers or the 16 year old pioneer system or headphones ever. So i seriously need help. I just bought a 40 in sony bravia 3D TV and would like to hook it up to a decent sound setup (Budget between 25k-32k). I was looking into various options and im now thoroughly confused.

1)Yamaha YHT-196
2)Denon DHT-1312XP
3)Onkyo HT-S3400

Would mainly be using it for movies and gaming. Occasional songs too. So yeah. I am completely confused and would appreciate any help watsoever. Thx guyz !

Im kinda really new to this. I mean iv always only had the normal 2.1 speakers or the 16 year old pioneer system or headphones ever. So i seriously need help. I just bought a 40 in sony bravia 3D TV and would like to hook it up to a decent sound setup (Budget between 25k-32k). I was looking into various options and im now thoroughly confused.

1)Yamaha YHT-196
2)Denon DHT-1312XP
3)Onkyo HT-S3400

Would mainly be using it for movies and gaming. Occasional songs too. So yeah. I am completely confused and would appreciate any help watsoever. Thx guyz !

Hi,
Different people have different views. You will confuse more you put this question in front of forum without giving your own experience after the audition of these system.

My budget was same and I was also confused and asked same question in this forum. But finally I got Yamaha YHT 296 from Vijay sales for Rs 28K. No regrets at all even if someone say Onkyo or Denon or XYZ brand is better or sounds great. Its is tough competition, only minor difference in quality, aesthetics and features but they do same work.

It is all your convenience, budget, priority and taste.

All the best.

Well the issue that I have is, I really don't know where to goto to audition these speakers since all the dealers are really far from where I stay. The only ones which are closely really are the Samsungs and the sonys which I wish to stay clear of. Well sound wise I like a deep base and comparatively a heavier sound if that makes any sense. I haven't really been exposed to a good pair of 5.1 surrounds so I really dnt know. I was just planning on blindly buying something that the forums suggest :p in the 25-34k region.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The thing about auditioning the speakers is, i really dnt know where to audition all the speakers in my locations since the dealers are all verrrry far off. Since, I dnt have a real good perspective on how good quality audio should like, I quite dont know how to differentiate either. With the limited sounds that i have heard tho, I would like some thing with deep base and heavy sound if that makes any sense and something that gives me the surround sound feel for movies, games and music. I was just planning on blindly purchasing whatever the forum suggests to be honest.

the listed 3 are very good....u know.
they sound slight different to different ear.so audition is very imp for u...
okay where do u live...
at this price band there is no very major difference in the sound...dont worry.
okay u like heavy bass.even I like also hehe
ask the experts which gives u the heavy bass.I read somewhere in this forum onkyo is good for that.yamaha is very sweet for music...and denon is neutral....pls ask that..
and dont worry about differentiate......listen what ur ear says.cheers

well denon 1312xp has active sub....and discrete amps ..so little ahaed in the run between the three......current price 34k
onkyo 3400 present price 26k.....
and yam 196 is not the same cousin as 3400 and 1312xp........yam 296 is the cousin..
......that said 196 is not bad(just lacks dtshdma and dloby tru hd non decode)..if getting within 19k.......

Last edited:
I stay at trivandrum kerala and the only near dealer to me that i know of is Onkyo and dat too is kinda like in kollam which is 40 kms away !!! I really dnt mind travelling but since i dnt know of any other dealers for yamaha and denon, there is no comparison chart for me. This is probably the 1st and last sound system I buy and so would like to research as much as i can before i get it. probably would sound lame to some but yea since i have no past experiences with 5.1 surrounds really, i dnt know.... !!!

Last edited:
just checked at amazon de......deonon 1311 full set up at 219 euro only.......grab that..check how much is being after duty....its just the prvs model of 1312 htib set up..equally good.

u order onk [email protected] from tata croma ...........
also talk to nearest profx they keep 1312 at 34k....

select any of the above as auditioning is a problem for u.

1312 is a little ahead....if can invest 34k go for that...otherwise 3400......

Sweet. Thx a ton for your suggestions m8. I think Ill go with the Denons 1312=) Now to find out from where here.... dnt think there is a croma here, does htstore.in ship or should i just get em from ebay ?

in e bay right now dont know 1312xp is listed or not..profx having this check in profx.com site where is ur nearest profx..I think they will ship to u..34k....if bought in a shot(no emi) u must bargain this to 32k......
sorry no idea about htstore.in
ezoneonline had this model right now out of stock..

just checked e bay india 1312xp(1312 avr+5 speaker+1 sub full set) for 32,990:licklips: also with auto emi option........check that.good deal.as in profx its 34k.......

Well the avr set costs 31900 in htstore and they have confirmed me that they can ship to where i stay. Ill call the owner and talk to him before making the payment i guess. I am a bit speculative to buy it from ebay. was it 30k earlier ?

Hai Krish,

If u have reliance digital there in trivandrum u can auidition pioneer and onkyo there. Or go to eranakulam, there u can find many dealers for all the stuff.. ME from Calicut.

In my opinion, Denon is good for Movies and Yamaha/Onkyo for music.

I got Denon 1312XP for Rs.30,000 a month back in Pune from ProFX dealer.

hi milanmk can u say did u pay in one shot..or in emi..because very urgently one of my close friend will buy this exact same model....profx site is showing 34k tag..I called profx kolkata..they confirmed 34k...I did not bargain though...did u bargain...
I am planning to go to the shop with friend and bargain...lets see..

hi milanmk can u say did u pay in one shot..or in emi..because very urgently one of my close friend will buy this exact same model....profx site is showing 34k tag..I called profx kolkata..they confirmed 34k...I did not bargain though...did u bargain...
I am planning to go to the shop with friend and bargain...lets see..

Yes that was bargain price. The MRP was 32,900 and dealer gave just around 5% discount. In fact you can get the discount up by 10% (found out with another dealer but by that time I had already booked).

Edit: It was a cash deal with 50% advance.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back