Newbie to HT world...

Jamoooz

Hi all,

I am new to this forum as a member. Ive been visiting this portal (as a guest) for the last two months since I saw this portal when researching to decide on my HT purchase.

The hunt started when I upgraded my SONY CRT to a Bravia KDL 46NX720 with Airtel HD connection in October 11. I felt the sound is very narrow compared to the CRT TVs. Thats when I started hunting for a Sound Bar and later chose to buy a Home Theatre to meet the need of both Music and Movies. Initially planned to visit HT Store, however stumbled on the shop Uniquesys on Varthur Road . Since I stay at Brookfields, the later was more convenient for auditions and any service back up that I may require. Saif was also very helpful in recommending options/combinations to my taste. I also must have read hundreds of reviews of different brands and models and videos on You Tube to reach the conclusion in the last 2 months. I bought the HT December end.

So my HT setup is

Sony Bravia KDL 46NX720
Denon 1612
Jamo S606 HCS3 (dark apple)

I need to change my DVD player as it is old now. Not decided if I should buy a DVD or a Blue Ray Player. I have postponed the Sub purchase cos the 8 inch sub on the S 606 is decent enough for the music I listen too, later may consider a Velodyne Impact or Jamo 260 / 360.

Thank-you all once again for the inputs you have shared in various threads which helped me to reach the decision.

Jamooz : I need to change my DVD player as it is old now. Not decided if I should buy a DVD or a Blue Ray Player. I have postponed the Sub purchase cos the 8 inch sub on the S 606 is decent enough for the music I listen too said:
Blu ray player, you are future proof atleast for the next 2 years or so. Since most new titles are being released in Blu ray, it makes sense to buy it.
The Blu ray player will still play your Cd's , DVD's, Mp3's etc.

Thank-you all once again for the inputs you have shared in various threads which helped me to reach the decision.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back