No Audio from CD6003 while playing MP3

visakara

I have marantz Cd6003 connected with yamaha 863.While I played audio cd every thing is fine.But when I tried with a mp3 cd there was no audio output from AVR though the player reads the disc and plays.What is the setting i am supposed to change ,The manual was no useful.

There is no setting to be done on the player. Content type on the disc is auto detected.

Try some other disc with mp3 content.

I have problem with AAC/M4a and WAV files in my newly bought CD6003 :( I'm trying from my pen drive, I tried a lot of time today but they are not being detected by the 6003.

how have you connected the cdp to avr if it is thru digital and if you are using memory for playback, you will not have the output to digital...

simple words, if using flash memory, the digital out turn's off.

But I tried with mp3 cd. and I tried with different cds.

Folks, please see page 23 of the manual where it clearly says what file formats it will play and, recording requirements, if any.

In terms of pen drive, it has to be formatted in FAT16/FAT32 only. The player will not accept any other format. I am sure it has a limitation on the size of the drive, but they have not mentioned that.

Cheers

I have problem with AAC/M4a and WAV files in my newly bought CD6003 :( I'm trying from my pen drive, I tried a lot of time today but they are not being detected by the 6003.

From the CD6003 Manual:

AAC is an abbreviation for Advanced Audio Coding. It is the basic format related to the audio compression technology used in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4.

Playing of AAC files that have the extension .m4a encoded using iTunes is supported with this device. However, files may be unable to be played due to having DRM copy protection (copyright protection) or because of the version of iTunes they have been encoded with.
iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc. that is registered in the US and other countries.
This applies to files created with iTunes.
Titles, artist names, and album titles are displayed as text information.
The TEXT display is alphanumeric only. If nonalphanumeric characters have been recorded, the characters will be displayed as *.
Unquote

Most likely reason for your player refusing to play said AAC files is it is DRM-locked. You will have similar issues with Windows Media Audio DRM-locked files. May be iTunes can show if a track is DRM locked. I don't know, I'm just guessing out loud.

To test: rip some songs from any audio CD as mp4, put this song(s) in pen drive or burn to CD, and check if they play on your CD6003. They should play.

Regarding wave files, right click on the said wave file and in properties, go to summary and check if the bit rate is 1411 kbps, 16 bit, 2 (stereo), 44 or 48kHz. Higher bit rates and higher sampling rates are not supported though the Cirrus Logic DAC chip inside it very much supports 24 bit/192kHz.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back