No Dolby Digital Audio From Samsung LED TV to Onkyo AVR ,connected with optical cable

urindian

Hi All,

I have a problem gettting dolby digital 5.1 from my samsungg LED TV to ACR using optical(toslink) cable,

This is the current setup which is not working ; STB ---hdmi cable--- > TV ----optical cable-----> AVR

My STB doesn't have a optical out so cant connect it directly from STB to Onkyo NR 626 AVR,But I can get DD5.1 from STB ---HDMI cable---> AVR directly,but not the TV (Samsung UA32D5000)in the middle

If i Play a DD.5.1or DTS from a HDD connected to TV..the TV can able to send signals to AVR.

Even I'm setting up DD 5.1 in my STB and Changed the speakers in my Samsung LED TV to external and sound output to Dolby Digital(Which will be greyed out if it doesn't receive any signal from the STB) ,

Note : I'm having a HDMI cable connected from TV to AVR to the HDMI ARC ...What will ARC to exactly ?

Any helpful idea will be much appreciated..Thanks in advance :licklips:

Re: No Dolby Digital Audio From Samsung LED TV to Onkyo AVR ,connected with optical c

ARC eliminates the need of the toslink cable.. It carries the audio from the tv back to the receiver.. Both your tv and receiver should be compatible..

And check if your dth has dolby channels.. In Airtel it is mentioned dolby butnu don't get exactly like that.. I have heard Videocon is the best for dd.. And I have also seen that hdmi is better than toslink for carrying hd audio accounting to the data transfer capacity being higher..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back