No frills 42" LED TV around 40K

tvhunter

Hi,

I am looking for a no frills 42" LED TV around 40K. Not interested in the so called "smart TV" feature or 3D.
It should be reliable with preferably decent sound quality.

Few options that I am considering right now is:
1. Micromax 42LK 316
2. Samsung UA 42EH5000 from ebay (singapore imported with 1 year dealer warranty)
3. Reliance Reconnect LED-LE4295

Please suggest which one is best or any alternatives...

Thanks!!

Hi,

I am looking for a no frills 42" LED TV around 40K. Not interested in the so called "smart TV" feature or 3D.

1. Micromax 42LK 316
2. Samsung UA 42EH5000 from ebay (singapore imported with 1 year dealer warranty)

Thanks!!

Check the LG LM3410 series. I heard the price for 42" is around Rs 40K+. I believe it also has 3D, so that will be a bonus.

Most of the 42" LED TV's in this range will be the lower end models with acceptable PQ.
You will be better off buying a 42" plasma (Samsung/Panasonic) at this price. Depends on your preference since you just mentioned LED and how important PQ is in your situation. That said, plasma TV's do have their own limitations as has been discussed in several threads in this forum.

Why should people talk about "plasma has its own issues" whenever they try to recommend a plasma?
Once someone has decided to go for a plasma, they would anyway form their own opinion about the so called "issues".
No need to scare people away from plasmas.

BTW, poor 2d PQ is a non-issue , is it?

Why should people talk about "plasma has its own issues" whenever they try to recommend a plasma?
Once someone has decided to go for a plasma, they would anyway form their own opinion about the so called "issues".

True. At the same time, a good forum member should always give an unbiased opinion, regardless of personal preference.

True. At the same time, a good forum member should always give an unbiased opinion, regardless of personal preference.

Sometimes the unbiased opinions will have the opposite effect. For example if a forum member says the following:

" LG's passive 3d is good, plasmas may have issues"

"All TVs have their own merits and de-merits, plasma has its own issues"

" Plasmas have reliability issues, but plasmas have deep blacks"

"Plasmas sometimes go caput, but PQ of plasmas is good"

"LG has got good after sales service, Panasonic GT series have issues"

anyone would desist from thinking of buying a panasonic plasma.

Sometimes the unbiased opinions will have the opposite effect. For example if a forum member says the following:

" LG's passive 3d is good, plasmas may have issues"

"All TVs have their own merits and de-merits, plasma has its own issues"

" Plasmas have reliability issues, but plasmas have deep blacks"

"Plasmas sometimes go caput, but PQ of plasmas is good"

"LG has got good after sales service, Panasonic GT series have issues"

anyone would desist from thinking of buying a panasonic plasma.

hmm ... Beware ... you might be branded as a Plasma fan boy and so there will be false perceptions planted against you (i mean anyone who recommends plasma with unbiased opinion) as being cunning and smart in hiding facts about plasma ... :lol:

You are asking why people are made to scare about plasmas ? The reasons are simple and they could be either of these two :-
1. It is simple human psychology ... When there are fans for a "particular thing", there could be someone who feels irritated at the fan following. That someone will question why there are fans for that "particular thing". For example, there is a huge fan following for Tendulkar, Apple, Sony, Plasma etc .., but you can also see few having some irritation (for no reasons) against them and their fans. Again, nothing wrong in being either a fan or a critic, but he/she shouldn't be mad in either supporting or being against the "particular thing".
2. It could also be that someone is having a motivated business interest or personal gains in spreading fear about a "particular thing" or a brand.

Sorry for being off the topic ....

----------- AMEN -------------- ;)

Last edited:
I think in india particularly a good reliable product (may not be most advanced product) with a good after sales service can make a company successful ...
Ass becomes much more imp when u r talking abt any relatively expensive products for an average middle class of india I.e cars, house, bikes, smart phones, and ofcourse led tvs... There are sentiments emotions associated with the buy, and ass being very much personal interaction intensive, these elements play a vital role.
coming to the tv topic... I personally think branded products are better especially when u r putting money worth 10000 and above... So I will stay away from micromax any day... I will also stay away from videocon, godrej, rconnect, etc... Onida is a better local brand, but for tvs.. Humm...
I think sony, samsung, lg have established themselves in india and even globally as well... Samsung in specific has been a real success and with such a high volume bussiness, they have been fairly successful in maintaining the quality,
so called rph (repais per hundred) shud look much better for samsung, sony anf lg...other brands such as panasonic, toshiba and sharp are no doubt in par with these 3 brands, but somehow not able to establish trust in indian customers...trust is a perception and can not be quabtified...yes it gets reflected in sales... I own panasonic home theater which shud be some 16 yrs old but works grt till date...
The simple point is all these global brands are good but stickkng with sony, samsung and lg is a safer bet .. Today....

Last edited:
Hi,

1. Micromax 42LK 316

Thanks!!

Among your options, samsung 42EH5000 sounds like a good deal. But beware of the source of purchase. Online purchases with dealer warranty rarely cover hardware defects. If you are still looking for something outside these three, I would personally suggest Toshiba TV. Try and check the below models before making your decision. I purchased a Toshiba 32PU200 and its delightful. Try looking at below models :
1) Toshiba 40PU200 - Led backlit, Good format support, Good sound, 3yrs warranty
2) Toshiba 40PS20 - Led edgelit, Excellent picture quality, Good format support, somewhat inferior sound to above TV

On PQ alone I would recommend the last. I second to avoiding Reliance reconnect & micromax.

I think in india particularly a good reliable product (may not be most advanced product) with a good after sales service can make a company successful ...
Ass becomes much more imp when u r talking abt any relatively expensive products for an average middle class of india I.e cars, house, bikes, smart phones, and ofcourse led tvs... There are sentiments emotions associated with the buy, and ass being very much personal interaction intensive, these elements play a vital role.
coming to the tv topic... I personally think branded products are better especially when u r putting money worth 10000 and above... So I will stay away from micromax any day... I will also stay away from videocon, godrej, rconnect, etc... Onida is a better local brand, but for tvs.. Humm...
I think sony, samsung, lg have established themselves in india and even globally as well... Samsung in specific has been a real success and with such a high volume bussiness, they have been fairly successful in maintaining the quality,
so called rph (repais per hundred) shud look much better for samsung, sony anf lg...other brands such as panasonic, toshiba and sharp are no doubt in par with these 3 brands, but somehow not able to establish trust in indian customers...trust is a perception and can not be quabtified...yes it gets reflected in sales... I own panasonic home theater which shud be some 16 yrs old but works grt till date...
The simple point is all these global brands are good but stickkng with sony, samsung and lg is a safer bet .. Today....

Firstly,we have been hearing on this forum that Most of the defective plasmas have been replaced by Panasonic.
Today I got a call from Panny asking if my printer that I got as a free gift for my St-50 purchase is working fine Or if any demo is required. The tecnician from panasonic came to my house when I had issues with my 3d glasses.
Now when it is said that panasonic could not build trust in consumers than could sony lg sammy , I dont know what other trust building measures these guys have been taking.:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Please read my post.

Making recommendations without pointing out the drawbacks is pointless. Can someone say just buy a plasma and you will be happy for life? If you say that then well..good for you.
I also mentioned that the LED LCD TV's in the that price range will have just acceptable/inferior PQ.

I guess all people here do their research and must not be "scared" to make a buy based on someone's post.

If he is buying for a room with a lot of light and will mostly watch SD content (daily soaps etc), LED LCD will serve him well. For a room where light can be controlled/bedroom, plasma will be perfect. Like I said, it depends on conditions, requirements, personal preference and the target TV viewer (If the TV is for elders like parents they might not be able to take the necessary precautions required for a plasma. Mind you I say might).

There is no argument that the PQ of plasma TV's blows away most of the LED LCD TV's. Top tiers from Sony and Sharp come close but at a price point that is not affordable to most.

Last edited:

Another point is that the amount companies like Sony, Sammy and LG spend on RnD will be nowhere comparable to that spent by lesser known cos. And the big 3 also will not go down anytime soon. Whereas you never know whether Micromax will exit the TV business next year.

Last edited:
Another point is that the amount companies like Sony, Sammy and LG spend on RnD will be nowhere comparable to that spent by lesser known cos. And the big 3 also will not go down anytime soon. Whereas you never know whether Micromax will exit the TV business next year.

Agreed... just to make the plasma fan club happy, all these company fortunately make plasma tvs except sony, and no doubt that 2d pq for plasmas are any time better than lcd lefs, but that does not dilute other good aspects of lcd \ leds...and vfm is still a valid argument...

Agreed... just to make the plasma fan club happy, all these company fortunately make plasma tvs except sony, and no doubt that 2d pq for plasmas are any time better than lcd lefs, but that does not dilute other good aspects of lcd \ leds...and vfm is still a valid argument...

I do agree 100%. Unfortunately there are few who give exaggerated negative points either about LCD or about Plasma or even about a brand. They do not try to understand the actual requirements of a person who is looking for a TV between LCD and Plasma. Instead, they try to push their own agenda and it confuses lot of others who are genuinely looking for suggestions in buying a new TV.

Folks, Can you please let me know a tv that inside 40k, preferably LED,

Must have: 40 inch
Not Required: 3D, Internet, apps, smartness etc..

Folks, Can you please let me know a tv that inside 40k, preferably LED,

Must have: 40 inch
Not Required: 3D, Internet, apps, smartness etc..

LED will be very difficult at that price and size, if not impossible. LCD is distinct possibility.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

1. Micromax 42LK 316

Thanks!!

Try to scout for older models (LCD) from Sony showrooms/Samsung ..You will def get a piece or two in your city/town...

Since all the limelight is on "LED", ppl tend to overlook LCD TV....Which is your benefit... You may get it around 45K Max...Check out their BX/CX LCD series from Sony...

I settled for a Sony 46 Inch LCD TV for 57K juz like what i told you...I can't afford 80 - 90 K for a 46 LED TV from any brand....

LED will be very difficult at that price and size, if not impossible. LCD is distinct possibility.

Thanks just4kix, what LCD models can I look into, may be plasma is the way to go. Can you suggest plasmas if there are any at htat budget

Thanks
Ceekay

Thanks just4kix, what LCD models can I look into, may be plasma is the way to go. Can you suggest plasmas if there are any at htat budget

Thanks
Ceekay

In LCD range you can check out Samsung 5 series or Sony BX series. There will be equivalent models from LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc. In the plasma range you can look at Samsung 43e490.

In LCD range you can check out Samsung 5 series or Sony BX series. There will be equivalent models from LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc. In the plasma range you can look at Samsung 43e490.

I dont see Samsung e490 in stock now atleast the 42 inch, can you please let me know if there is a place i can get my hands on this tv

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back