No Official Warranty Coverage on imported TVs

viper08

That should be correct in some sense. Because few electronics models are international and covered with international warranty. But if companies sell something to specific geographical area then that part may be customized to local power, environment etc. Differences in parts make its warranty local only. Thus warranty is limited to some geographical area.

Naturally if customer acquires it outside of its service area then its customers headache. Somehow term international warranty is sold to customers though model is global.

Still that move from companies is for their own interest and that proves they are looting Indian customers by not giving at same price here.

Last edited:
Sony and Samsung should start offering free trips to Bangkok on purchase of TV's. :D

I understand most of the Tvs come with local warranty only.

I have seen in Bangkok dealers mentioning international warranty, but if you read the warranty card then you realise that there is no international warranty. It is clearly mis-selling to increase the sales.

Few models in few jurisdictions may carry interantional warrnty like whole of Europe or whole of USA.

REgards, Amit

I bought my Samsung TV in Dubai they assured me of an International warranty (valid in India), but then most TV's do not give any problem during their one year warranty period, anyway the TV cost me Rs.30,000/- (including duty) while here the same mode was available for Rs.57,000/- for the amount I saved who cares about warranty

Still that move from companies is for their own interest and that proves they are looting Indian customers by not giving at same price here.

The excise and VAT is so high here that any company would not be able to offer Bangkok or Dubai price. The government policies need to change and it seems like it has remained the same for electronic goods for some years.

I bought my Samsung TV in Dubai they assured me of an International warranty (valid in India), but then most TV's do not give any problem during their one year warranty period, anyway the TV cost me Rs.30,000/- (including duty) while here the same mode was available for Rs.57,000/- for the amount I saved who cares about warranty
I think that's the main reason companies want to stop.
I am sure much percentage of travelers would be bringing cheaper tvs eating up sales volume here which are charged at premiums.

The excise and VAT is so high here that any company would not be able to offer Bangkok or Dubai price. The government policies need to change and it seems like it has remained the same for electronic goods for some years.

Very true.
Also add to that the much higher distribution and logistics costs in a country as vast as India compared with Hongkong, Malaysia or Dubai.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back