"No Signal" issue while watching YouTube on Sony Android TV

reju

Hi, I have recently bought 55X8500C and so far its working great.
Amazed by the PQ and all the features.

However when watching YouTube I am getting the following message on screen "No Signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT button."

w70itt.jpg

So to sort out this issue I have to switch on the Set Top Box and select the correct input and only then this message goes away!
Does this mean that I always need to switch on the STB even to watch YouTube, and other online video apps? Rather absurd if this is true?

Does anyone else have the same issue or have a solution please?

System Software Update for Asia Pacific 18 Nov 2015 PKG3.017.0080PAB

This update has resolved the issue of "no signal" issue that I have mentioned above.

Hi, I purchased Sony 55w800c android Tv around 20 days back. I faced certain issues with Google cast. I also updated the system software and it is working perfectly fine now... ?

System Software Update for Asia Pacific 18 Nov 2015 PKG3.017.0080PAB

This software update also include previous update benefits and improvements:

Address a condition where the Netflix* application may not remember the log in details
Support Camera App*
Support Restricted Profile for Android
- Restricts Apps on Home menu
Support SonyLiv/Bigflix *
Support Opera TV store *
New Smile Shutter feature added to the Camera App *
3D glass pairing success message to be displayed
Support HDMI - Ultra HD resolutions of 3840X2160 (4K) 50p/60p (4K Model)
Improved upscaling picture quality (4K Model)
Support Netflix* 4K
Support PlayMemories Online
Integrated Internet Browser
Support Indian Apps* (Camera, Notification)
Fix input icons is displayed twice on HOME menu if language is changed to specific language.
Lip Sync in HDMI input
Improved Picture Quality (dynamic range, noise reduction, sharpness)
Input icons is displayed twice on HOME menu if language is changed to specific language.
* Not all content services are available in all countries

I have the issue even though its updated, temp fix is to power off the tv from mains and then after some time start up again and repeat if no signal issues is found i lodged a complaint with sony, i did find this issue affects a lot of sony android tvs. Sony wanted to replace my main board but i refused since its new, i am now waiting since over a month for a replacement, they keep telling me theres no stocks.

I have the issue even though its updated, temp fix is to power off the tv from mains and then after some time start up again and repeat if no signal issues is found i lodged a complaint with sony, i did find this issue affects a lot of sony android tvs. Sony wanted to replace my main board but i refused since its new, i am now waiting since over a month for a replacement, they keep telling me theres no stocks.

Maybe you can try resetting to factory settings?

Last edited:
Maybe you can try resetting to factory settings?

done everything sony told me its a hardware fault. Have noticed there are others who have faced the same issue out of India.
Hopefully i should get my replacment tv before xmas else i will push for a refund.

done everything sony told me its a hardware fault. Have noticed there are others who have faced the same issue out of India.
Hopefully i should get my replacment tv before xmas else i will push for a refund.

Which is your model? Any particular model series that has this problem?
Did others get replacement?

Is your TV made in India?
Since I have picked up from grey market, it is made in Malaysia.

mines the 55x8500c picked up from sony store made in malaysia.
the us version is 55x8503c folks have either returned or pushed for replacements.
Lets see what replacement they give me fingers crossed it works out good.

Surprisingly so far I have not come across anyone mentioning about this "no signal" issue.
I had searched online for a solution to this issue. But had never got any leads.
Good luck to you!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back