Nokia Lumia 920 for 17000 at Flipkart

Hi. I am thinking of going for this. Will any users please give some feedback for:
1. Battery talk time
2. Camera quality
Any particular drawbacks?
Thanks.

Staxxx. If you go for Nokia, you do get a sturdy phone, and a stable company backing it, but in terms of the speed and responsiveness of the operating system, or the richness in variety of apps and functionality, I would wager that a slightly more expensive Nexus 4 will blast this phone to bits.

Wait for 6 months .you will get the the 1020 with that price or wait another 3 months to get the 925 for the same price :lol:
Just joking.
Only draw back with this phone is with its weight .its feels really heavy.I will suggest you the L925 which is having aluminium back pannel and feels little light weight compared to L920.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. But if I cannot wait....and if I cannot afford more than this (20k max), what do you think?

It may be stock clearance but not for 1020

I think mainly because its too outdated and specially there is 925 also on offef from nokia

@Staxx i think 925 would be a better buy at 26k rather then 920

But if you ask me overall, i would completely avoid lumia handsets right now

My bro wanted to gift me a handset and paid money for a lumis 925 but i made him return ut

Reason being, the hardware is too outdated. Nokia is using same cpu for the whole lumia lineup with different clock speeds , limited ram and only hd screen

The reason for this is that windows 8 only supports dual core cpu and hd resolution. So bringing a full hd screen and faster cpu is of no use

Microsoft is going to release windows 8.1 which will support quad core cpu and full hd resolution. So all manufacturers making windows phone are waiting for 8.1 to release phones with updated hardware

So my suggestion would be to wait for windows 8.1 phones with better hardware if you want to go for lumia

If your only priority is camera, there is no doubt its the best. Even the camera for 720 is very good which my bro uses. The 720 is good for normal useage and one doea not feel any lag

So the bottom line is except for better camera there is no different experience when uses a lumia 520, 720, 925 or 1020

So if camera is only priority go for 925 or 1020. If you want a very good camera, but not the brst with decent performance for normal use go for 720 or 725 (forgot).

You will not get better performance for more price paid except for cam for higher lumia models

On a side note. The lg g2 is working out quiet good for me. The camera in it is very good. This is coming from someone who never liked android.

I like the look of the Nexus phones in general, however the only drawback appears to be the functioning of the camera...what a pity. Otherwise it would have been the way to go, it looks like.

I like the look of the Nexus phones in general, however the only drawback appears to be the functioning of the camera...what a pity. Otherwise it would have been the way to go, it looks like.

The new nexus 5 is based on lg g2. It will be priced kesser then g2. Not sure if it will get same chipset and camera

Rikhav, it has to be the opposite - the LG must be based on the Nexus 5 (if that is what it is named). The LG G2 will any not drive the original Google phone. LG will most likely not make the next Nexus (may be Moto).

The nexus will always be the top of the line Android phone. It will always have the latest Android version. All other makes will be at least 1 year behind the nexus in OS version, since they will need that much time to change their skins, which also affect performance mildly. Hence it will always be the fastest phone.

Try dialling out of a Nexus 4 and out of a Samsung Galaxy. Nexus will be lightning fast, whereas with the exception of an HTC One, all other android phones will be sluggish.

Rikhav, it has to be the opposite - the LG must be based on the Nexus 5 (if that is what it is named). The LG G2 will any not drive the original Google phone. LG will most likely not make the next Nexus (may be Moto).

The nexus will always be the top of the line Android phone. It will always have the latest Android version. All other makes will be at least 1 year behind the nexus in OS version, since they will need that much time to change their skins, which also affect performance mildly. Hence it will always be the fastest phone.

Try dialling out of a Nexus 4 and out of a Samsung Galaxy. Nexus will be lightning fast, whereas with the exception of an HTC One, all other android phones will be sluggish.

Hi
If i am not wrong, google has already announces lg is making nexus 5 and leaks show its based on lg g2
Allthough it will be first smartphone to have android kitkat 4.4, absolutely stock which is the way i like.
Due to the custom UI the os is consuming almost 8 gb on the g2 which us just too much IMO

The bulid quality of the g2 is flimsy at best but screen and camera are superb. With the snapdragon 800 chipset dont feel any lag atleast till noe but abdroid devices do get slower with use

Last edited:
The quality of the camera and battery life are the most important things for me at the moment. In addition I do think that some aps are very useful and Android seems to be the way to go for that. Good signal capture is also important. All seem to have pretty efficient email programs.
When will the Nexus 5 be launched please? In terms of camera (including video) and screen do you favour the Nokia or LG phones (incl. Nexus 4) please?
Any thoughts?

Staxx, my 2 cents regarding 920 spec sheet.

Weight: It is on the higher side comapred to other flagship phones, but its still 180g which is same as Samsung Note 2.

Memory: 920 comes with 32gb onboard memory whereas 925 only has 16gb.

Processor speed: With dual core processor and 1gb RAM WP response is still better than Nexus 4 and S3 and equal to Iphone 5 (which my wife owns), I have not had chance to compare against S4 yet. But I'll suggest to do the comparison yourself and decide. OS response not only depends upon the processor speed but also on the software stack running on the processor, one good example is Iphone 5, iOS with dual core 1GHz processor with 1Gb Ram still outperforms most of the flagship android phones.

HD screen: pixel density per inch is what actually matters, 920 has 332 ppi. As human eye can not discern granular detail when it is higher than 300ppi I think full HD screen wont matter with this screen size. WP 8.1 is supposed to have support for Full HD screen because new devices coming in future are supposed to have screen sizes upwards of 6 inch and WP 8.1 will also be used in tablets with screen sizes of around 10 inch.

Camera is best in class in terms of low light scenarios (it is still better than 1020 for low light) plus with suspended camera unit video recording happens without blur.

Apps: App department is lacking for WP but I have found most of the app which I need to be there in WP ecosystem. Plus it has full support for Microsoft Office and Outlook which is really helpful for business use.

I am using 920 for past 2 months and I am happy with it. On side note, with 17k in price i think its a steal if you compare most of the flagships are retailing for 25k+.

Disclaimer: I do not work for nokia/microsoft and I don't have any vested interest in these companies. :)

Staxxx - if you are really intent on camera, wait for Nexus 5.

I just spoke to LG, where my friend heads their country ops. It appears that Rikhav is partly correct - there will be a couple of features of the LG G2 in the Nexus 5, though largely it will be similar to Nexus 4.

The LG G2 was supposed to have 1) 3000mAH battery, for which a massive internal re-engineering has been done by LG 2) Optical Image Stabilization in the camera, the world's first 3) an interesting feature by which the phone can be merely brought close to the ear when it rings and a conversation begun, instead of swiping to unlock when it rings and 4) the volume rocker and some other controls are on the rear panel close to the camera, where the index finger is usually supposed to be.

There are host of other great features on the LG G2, but priced I believe at 41k.

However, in Nexus 5, of the above, the Optical IS and the 3000mAH battery will most likely be there. These are exactly the two features that you had mentioned in your opening post.

It will mostly be priced in the Rs25-28k range. But in a few months it should come down to the Rs25k mark.

Yes, the g2 is around 42k for 32 gb. Version. But i intend not to change my phone for atleast two years, and thats why went for current flagship

Lumia and g2 cameras are equally good in daylight but its in low light where the pure view camera has the edge over all other phone cameras

G2 has a 3000 mah battery but it also has a very fast processor which is bound to consume more power. So i guess it evens out with lumias which have smaller battery

Not sure what chipset nexus 5 will have. If its sd 800 it should be a powerhouse as it will run stock android which is faster then custom ones by lg, samsung, htc

So best bet is to wait for nexus 5 to release and then make your choice

As we were discussing lumias, the windows phone 8 update has gonr offical. Main features are support for full hd screens and support for quad core cpus. Many software changes as well
So expect some good windows 8 phones in next two or three months

Well...if you have a smart phone that you can get rid off, Flipkart is offering around 5.5K discount on S3. It will come down to 19.5K...I think it's a pretty good deal!

Cant see the 17k offer anymore. Lumia 920 showing for 21.5k now. The StanC offer is still there though. But at 17k, it was one HELL of a deal !

Although, as a current WP user, I am sadly considering moving to Android. I couldnt be more happier with the interface and smoothness and colors and all the other good things about WP. But the lack of apps is finally hurting.

Certain other design decisions of the OS also dissuade serious users. For example, you cant download a pdf from one email and compose a fresh one and attach that pdf - because there is no file browser in WP. You can only do that with photos/music/videos - because you have gallery for these three.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back