Nokia TV to launch in India in December via Flipkart

efernand1

As the title says it all! Nokia is launching their range of TVs in December 2019!

We have seen Motorola already in the TV space with available models and their rates....Nokia supposedly would be around the same segment and emphasis is more towards the Tonal sound quality through JBL speakers, Dolby Audio and Tru Surround!

Read the below newslink for further details.....

The brand recall and loyalty these brands have in India more than a decade after their products ceased being commonplace is astonishing! If they can come up with differentiated products such as this with reasonably good quality, they’d soon climb up in market share. The new Nokia phones are differentiated enough, but seem to have performance issues as suggested by reviews on Amazon etc. Hope they get this right with their TVs from day one.

While on this, I don’t find any smart TV maker has integrated video calls/conferencing into their TVs (say the way you can seamlessly take a call on iPad when your iPhone is on the same wifi). There’s a roundabout way by screen mirroring, but that’s not quick/elegant enough. How about one click on the phone/TV remote as you receive a call and the TV comes up (from standby) to take it! It has happened with smart speakers, so why not with the larger smart TVs?

The brand recall and loyalty these brands have in India more than a decade after their products ceased being commonplace is astonishing! If they can come up with differentiated products such as this with reasonably good quality, they’d soon climb up in market share. The new Nokia phones are differentiated enough, but seem to have performance issues as suggested by reviews on Amazon etc. Hope they get this right with their TVs from day one.

While on this, I don’t find any smart TV maker has integrated video calls/conferencing into their TVs (say the way you can seamlessly take a call on iPad when your iPhone is on the same wifi). There’s a roundabout way by screen mirroring, but that’s not quick/elegant enough. How about one click on the phone/TV remote as you receive a call and the TV comes up (from standby) to take it! It has happened with smart speakers, so why not with the larger smart TVs?
Hi Sachin,
To a certain extent would agree with you. But the new Nokia phones with respect to quality, performance & looks is good.
It may not offer as many features as other Chinese phones but the build quality is way better than phones in that range.
Currently am using Nokia Steel 7.1 Performance is good and gives me 1.5 days of battery life with a decent camera.( Not much of a phone browser nor listen to music on the phone). The build quality is excellent for the price . Went back to Nokia after using Htc and Moto.

TV launched at Rs 41,999.

DLED, 400 Nits, 1200:1 Contrast Ratio, JBL Sound, Android 9.0, HDR10, Dolby Vision etc etc.

They are talking about "Intelligent Dimming", I don't know that does that mean?!

Intelligent dimming is just a marketing buzz word. Dont get carried away by these marketing terms.
Honestly speaking the Nokia TV has a very poor contrast ratio. Vu Premium android seems a better deal.

TV launched at Rs 41,999.

DLED, 400 Nits, 1200:1 Contrast Ratio, JBL Sound, Android 9.0, HDR10, Dolby Vision etc etc.

They are talking about "Intelligent Dimming", I don't know that does that mean?!

They may be referring to the adjustment of brightness/contrast of the TV as per the lighting in the viewing room. Some TV's hve incorporated this feature.
If I am not mistaken in the early eighties Bang & Olufsen already had this feature in their television.

Just purchased the 43TAFHDN - 43 inch full HD tv for my inlaws. In the choice of the TV, importance was given for the sound quality as at their age their hearing....

The Nokia here does full justice Sound quality by Onkyo is just superb. Its a revelation for LED tvs and is a pleasure to listen too. The Android 9 has a start time lag for first switch on but not so much from standby mode. The picture quality is OK for a normal VA panel TV.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back