Non-Prime original movies in HDR format on Prime Video

filmguy

Non-Prime originals in HDR format aren't triggering HDR on my LG Oled Tv. Prime originals like Reacher, Hanna, Tomorrow War etc play in HDR but the films from other studios like Dune, The Batman etc which are listed as HDR on their information page play as regular SDR. This is with the Prime Video app from the web OS store. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Facing the exact same issue! The source used is Nvidia Shield pro on a 4K HDR Optoma projector. No such issues on Netflix.

" web OS" .
I gave up long ago. I assumed most of the titles are made for Fire TV sticks and Cube.

Facing the exact same issue! The source used is Nvidia Shield pro on a 4K HDR Optoma projector. No such issues on Netflix.

oh. i thought it was strictly a webOS issue.

" web OS" .
I gave up long ago. I assumed most of the titles are made for Fire TV sticks and Cube.

i dont think so. if that were the case then the original shows wouldn't trigger hdr either.

Same issue in sony a80k, don't think even UHD works. This is an issue that prime must resolve. I have seen many posts from many users using various tvs in many forums too, but amazon doesn't seem to care.

Content looks substantially worse than on Netflix, Zee and Disney.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back