Nordost ECO 3x

When applied to the label side of a CD you will notice a large improvement in sound quality, as stray electrical charges that build up on the discs are removed. Eliminating this noise at the source results in a much more detailed and musical performance.

Great.... :D

Panditji, have you used it? Kindly elaborate where all.... & what was the outcome.

I said excellent after reading the description and what it does as stated by the manufacturer...Like I said I am wondering where it could be applied...definitely could spend my money on hundreds of better things...

No offence...

I rubbed it on my Pee Pee ... it did the opposite. It removed the mushiness and softness and introduced a hardness that amazed me. :eek:hyeah: :roll eyes:

Hey its liquid .. So is snake oil ...:eek:hyeah:

~G0bble

Isn't it from the great cable company ... Nordost ... their valhalla is the one referred in many places

I do admit, I use the Nordost BH and believe they got something right with the cable construction approach after listening to other budget cables built unlike them. In fact, I am always on the lookout for how an IC construction I review online compares to the Nordost approach.

so I am kinda surprised to see such a product from them. But then if its less than $25, I would try it because Nordost said so at least ignoring my own skepticism.

Not for $100 surely not.

Edit: Ohh its $35, just $10 above my snake oil limit ... but I'll wait for the price to come down ... :eek:hyeah:

~G0bble

Last edited:
Been reading very interesting threads on this forum & decided to join by posting about the above product to ask whether any of the enlightened members of this forum have used this to enhance their set-up.

interesting. you want to post about tweaks..and that that too thise really pushing the line between the unknown and the unbelievable in this forum after reading all the other interesting threads ?

But Nordost is selling it.. and staking their credibility on it..

Now the only way it could work is to reduce the laser pickup error rate from say a hypothetical 10ppm to 5ppm. This would reduce the errored bits per 100 seconds and result in improved s.q.

A determined audiophool could infact experiment with poster color painted to the back of the CDs as a cheap check out method...if he trusts his senses... In the absence of ability to empirically measure ppm error rate.

Rahul

Last edited:
Some food for thought. There is another way to ask the same question. Here goes.

Have you tried Potassium Cyanide? What was the outcome?

interesting. you want to post about tweaks..and that that too thise really pushing the line between the unknown and the unbelievable in this forum after reading all the other interesting threads ?

hmmm, not such a friendly forum as i thought.
quite bitter people as 2 of the shining stars elucidate.

carry on fighting & shoving popping pills down ones gullet, no more deserving to boot.

hmmm, not such a friendly forum as i thought.
quite bitter people as 2 of the shining stars elucidate.

carry on fighting & shoving popping pills down ones gullet, no more deserving to boot.

You are quite welcome here and not the least bitter on your post. Just that cables discussions itself usually get quite nasty so was surprised that you were starting a thread referring to those tweaks that further enhance cables and asking about people having used them !

Personally have used only contact cleaners only for electrical connections and they do work in improving the connection between cable and contact. not sure how this works. would be interesting to read responses on results

Last edited:
You are quite welcome here and not the least bitter on your post. Just that cables discussions itself usually get quite nasty so was surprised that you were starting a thread referring to those tweaks that further enhance cables and asking about people having used them !

Personally have used only contact cleaners only for electrical connections and they do work in improving the connection between cable and contact. not sure how this works. would be interesting to read responses on results

What I have realised as a silent spectator is that the level of this forum is very immature, childish & full of people not willing to keep their mind open, as far as any discussions on hi-fi. most may not have ever experienced a hi-end set-up in their lives, yet like to be arm chair critics & freely state their opinions on things they have no clue of. this makes the ones who have experienced some hi-fi extremely bitter and their bitterness reflects clearly in their posts. just becomes mud-slinging match and free for all. am sure that moderation here is also pretty much lacking where you hardly see any positive steps taken by mods to curb the nonsense.

my intention with this thread was to see whether the forum does have some decent sprinkling of people who have been there done that, but alas even if they have, they seem to rather lie low and mum rather than state their experience. while its fun to lighten up a forum every now and then and yes some of the posts on this thread were doing so but sadly the cynicism and bitterness level overpowers everything on this forum. sad and makes one rather not waste time here then. i'd rather not contribute positively here than to continously face such bitterness and be questioned about my motives by such negative people. oh well, best to go back to being silent spectator and visit the forum once a while to see which new fight has erupted,

cheerio

What I have realised as a silent spectator is that the level of this forum is very immature, childish & full of people not willing to keep their mind open, as far as any discussions on hi-fi. most may not have ever experienced a hi-end set-up in their lives, yet like to be arm chair critics & freely state their opinions on things they have no clue of. this makes the ones who have experienced some hi-fi extremely bitter and their bitterness reflects clearly in their posts. just becomes mud-slinging match and free for all. am sure that moderation here is also pretty much lacking where you hardly see any positive steps taken by mods to curb the nonsense.

my intention with this thread was to see whether the forum does have some decent sprinkling of people who have been there done that, but alas even if they have, they seem to rather lie low and mum rather than state their experience. while its fun to lighten up a forum every now and then and yes some of the posts on this thread were doing so but sadly the cynicism and bitterness level overpowers everything on this forum. sad and makes one rather not waste time here then. i'd rather not contribute positively here than to continously face such bitterness and be questioned about my motives by such negative people. oh well, best to go back to being silent spectator and visit the forum once a while to see which new fight has erupted,

cheerio

If this forum is not adding any value to you, if its a waste of time, why bother hanging around in such a bitter place? What is this BS of painting an entire forum with same brush? Did anyone invite you to shower your so called ratings and review of the forum? Be it any forum, is that there are requirements that only those experts should post stuff? Granted that there are heated topics but then which forum doesn't? Did you find any abusive language used here? Are there name callings you witnessed here? What makes you think that arguments cannot involve knowledge and why those cannot be considered as healthy discussions. By trying to showcase this forum in poor light, what are you upto? Infact, this is one of the serene forums out there where views are exchanged and knowledge is shared without mud-slinging. I would be the last person to agree with your views that the forum is of that nature as you are trying to depict.

Last edited:

cheerio

Dear Sir, apologies for the non serious posts...do share your system details as well as some tweaks which have helped you...

As you can see, nobody seems to have tried the said product and since you are based in Hongkong where Nordost products are easily available, would be great if you tried it in your system and share your experience with us...

Regards

Hi ESP

You can place a tourmaline crystal on top of the cd player. It will do pretty much the same thing the Nordost liquid does. The negative ions in the tourmaline or i guess in the Nordost liquid will prevent build up of static charge. Whether you can hear the change or not is largely dependent on how resolving your set up is. But even on a highly resolving system, the change when using a tourmaline crystal is very marginal. It tends to make the sound a wee bit more organic. Before buying any of this stuff, you can try using a hair dryer to blow your cd before inserting in a cd player. The blow dryer will generate negative ions.

Last edited:
Here you say "Been reading very interesting threads on this forum & decided to join" ... and here you say ... ... "the level of this forum is very immature, childish & full of people not willing to keep their mind open".

I am really confused :eek: You change your opinion so fast. I hope audio gear and tweaks have a longer term effect on you ;)

"my intention with this thread was to see whether the forum does have some decent sprinkling of people who have been there done that"

First of all, thanks for this great test you came up with. We really needed a capability test here :) Even more so for giving us all a "Mass FAIL" grade ;)

Yes, it is true that there are members here that "have been there done that", including yours truly (whose main stereo is well above US$ 25 grands, main HT is well above US$ 15 grands, with enough spare on loft to create a few secondary systems). Yet, I am just a very small fish in this pond here. There are people who have systems in the order of USD 100K. And of course, like many others I have tried many tweaks with mixed success. Yet (let me speak for myself here) I don't feel the need to narrate stories that are hard to prove by writing on a web page. But I am not everyone else and everyone else is not me. Every person is different and has different notions.

I for one, will never go on a public forum and claim things that I won't be able to prove by writing. I think this is crucial. People get ridiculed because they can't prove what they claim. If they could, they would succeed and accolades, respect, fan following will follow. Without asking.

Unfortunately, people go on public forums, which belong as much to those who don't feel the need to try as much to those who have the means (time, money, will, passion) to. Strictly my personal view, but it's foolish to expect others to believe something non-tangible, inconsistent, non-measureable, non-consistently-repeatable observations as gospel.

From your comment: "cheerio"

I like the way you ended your comment. Interesting personality! Hope to meet you, chat over coffee about Hifi (including tweaks ;)) next time I am in Hong Kong.

PS: If you are still bitter, please pm me your Whatsapp. We can have some hearty chat off these pages :)

Hi ESP

You can place a tourmaline crystal on top of the cd player. It will do pretty much the same thing the Nordost liquid does. The negative ions in the tourmaline or i guess in the Nordost liquid will prevent build up of static charge. Whether you can hear the change or not is largely dependent on how resolving your set up is. But even on a highly resolving system, the change when using a tourmaline crystal is very marginal. It tends to make the sound a wee bit more organic. Before buying any of this stuff, you can try using a hair dryer to blow your cd before inserting in a cd player. The blow dryer will generate negative ions.

Hi Prem, not all blowers generate negative ions. You need to buy one specifically designed to do so.

Also, I am not sure how static buildup can affect optical reading process. AFAIK, a CD is an optical media and is immune to static under normal conditions. Would be nice to know if there is any explanation anyone has on the phenomena. Or is it just an observation?

Hi ranjeetrain

Yes, all blowers dont generate negative ions. Thanks for the correction.

There are a whole lot of products in the market which addresses electrostatic build up when playing a cd. I do not know the technicalities. There are liquids, blowers and mats. Here's another one which addresses the same issue

How the Statmat was born...

IME, these kind of products do practically nothing or very little.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back