Norge 2060 - Help Needed

Black_Hawk

Hello,

I'm planning to get a simple stereo setup for my room and have decided on the Wharfedale Diamond 220 along with a Norge 2060.

However, my scenario is that I want to connect the Norge 2060 to my PC where all my music files are stored. My PC has a Asus Xonar DX audio card. I would like to know how I should connect the Norge to the PC? I can see that the 2060 has the white and red RCA type connectors on the back for Aux, CD and DVD (I might be wrong) so should I just buy an AmazonBasics 3.5mm to RCA connector cable and use that cable to connect the Norge 2060 to the Asus Zonar DX front speaker output port on my PC?

Or, should I connect the 3.5mm to the PC's Motherboard green output port instead?

Please shed some light on this. Also, I hope that the Norge 2060 and the Wharfedale Diamond 220 is a good combination for a starting stereo setup? My room size is 15' X 14'.

Thank-you and Regards,
Souptik

P.S. For reference, here is a picture of the Asus Xonar DX audio card's output ports:

pic-disp-php.jpg

1 - SPDIF/ Optical
2 - Front
3 - Side
4 - Center/ Sub
5 - Back/ Rear

You need stereo to rca cable .3.5mm stereo cable side will go to Asus front slot.RCA side of cable will go to Norge input.That's the way.

Roger that. Precisely what I needed to know. Thank-you for the reply.

Will be getting this then:

https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-cable/dp/B01D5H8JW0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=BZOFHW07HHOP&keywords=rca+tv+3.5mm+cable&qid=1575280167&sprefix=rca+to+3.5mm+%2Caps%2C288&sr=8-3

A couple of more questions I have which if you could kindly answer:

1. Going by the fact that the Norge has 4 inputs - DVD, CD, AUX and Line Out which one do I use to connect the stereo cable coming from the PC to?

2. The Norge 2000 has a Line Out port and I was told by Mr. Laxman at Norge Technical Help that an active subwoofer can be attached to it. Going by that, should I ever have an inert need to feel more bass can I then get an active sub? I doubt I would go that way though but just keeping this cleared.

Norge 2000 back-panel connection ports:

Capture.jpg

1. Going by the fact that the Norge has 4 inputs - DVD, CD, AUX and Line Out which one do I use to connect the stereo cable coming from the PC to?

You can connect to any of DVD, CD or AUX (not Line Out). I have the same amp and connect different sources to these 3 inputs, and interchanging among them does not make any difference.

Make a note that line out is not pre out. You can connect subwoofer but cant control its level with Norge remote.You need to adjust subwooer volume every time when you change Norge amps volume.

Back