Norge Upgrade

AdityaJayaram

Hello everyone.

I purchased a Norge 2060 in 2011, along with a Pair of Monitor Audio M2 speakers. I absolutely love this setup despite the fact that they are a little bright and bass is not as punchy as I would like it to be - Time to to upgrade.

Budget - 30-40,000 Inr

I do not have space for floor standers in my bedroom and would have to make do with Bookshelf speakers. I must add that I am looking at buying Indian brands, preferably Norge. I have taken a look at the norge catalog on their website but I am unsure if the bookshelves on their site are an upgrade, I seek your advice here in picking the best India manufactured Amp+speaker combination.

Current Setup.
  • Monitor audio M2 Speakers
  • Norge 2060 Professional series without remote
  • Source
    • Logitech BT Receiver
    • Amazon Echo
    • DVD player
let me know what I should be doing here guys.

Thanks

What are your music sources?

I would look at source side for improvement

+1 to this suggestion. as is well known - garbage in garbage out..there is nothing wrong with your existing amp and speakers! look at getting a Marantz CD5005 or CD6006 CD player as an upgrade to your dvd player.

Hello everyone.

I purchased a Norge 2060 in 2011, along with a Pair of Monitor Audio M2 speakers. I absolutely love this setup despite the fact that they are a little bright and bass is not as punchy as I would like it to be - Time to to upgrade.

Budget - 30-40,000 Inr

I do not have space for floor standers in my bedroom and would have to make do with Bookshelf speakers. I must add that I am looking at buying Indian brands, preferably Norge. I have taken a look at the norge catalog on their website but I am unsure if the bookshelves on their site are an upgrade, I seek your advice here in picking the best India manufactured Amp+speaker combination.

Current Setup.
  • Source
    • Logitech BT Receiver
    • Amazon Echo
    • DVD player

Thanks
Hello everyone.

Budget - 30-40,000 Inr

Current Setup.
  • Source
    • Logitech BT Receiver
    • Amazon Echo
    • DVD player

Thanks
Hi brother add to your system 2 passive 8 Inch subwoofer , it's work very well , you get very nice lower end , I have tannoy subwoofer , r you interested PM me , thank you

+1 to this suggestion. as is well known - garbage in garbage out..there is nothing wrong with your existing amp and speakers! look at getting a Marantz CD5005 or CD6006 CD player as an upgrade to your dvd player.
Thanks, this is good advice. Current source setup
  • Logitech BT Receiver
  • Amazon Echo
  • Philips 5.1 DVD player
Sometimes run flac through a Fiio player.

The Marantz Upgrade would make sense, but for some reason I am not very excited about investing in a format that is very had to find these days. A USB DAC would make sense?

For your source, if you stream online or from local HDD/flash drive, I strongly recommend Raspberry Pi with different HATs before you look at pricey streamers. Allo sells Digione and signature versions which are better digital sources, if you don't want to use a computer or laptop.
With Allo as the source, you have to buy an external DAC before feeding the signal to your amp.

For your source, if you stream online or from local HDD/flash drive, I strongly recommend Raspberry Pi with different HATs before you look at pricey streamers. Allo sells Digione and signature versions which are better digital sources, if you don't want to use a computer or laptop.
With Allo as the source, you have to buy an external DAC before feeding the signal to your amp.
Thanks for this. I didn't do much looking around but found this. I will spend some time tomorrow exploring this route.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back