• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Northstar Supremo DAC

Easy EMI Options at HiFiMART.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiftyfifty

I'm downsizing, moving towards an integrated setup. And as a first step in this direction, I'm letting go of this superb DAC. Rated as one of the best DACs ever made, it is the Italian company's flagship product. Stunning musicality, capability and a feature set that includes an OFC power inlet, USB 2.0 input at 32 bits, two RCA coaxial inputs, two Toslink inputs and one XLR AES/EBU. Boasts of an i2s input too!. Outputs include RCA as well as XLR sets. Digital input frequencies: 44.1 kHz to 384kHz, up to 32 bit – native DSD x64 – x128 – x256 (352,8-384kHz and native DSD on USB and I2S only)

More here:
https://www.northstar.it/dac-supremo/
And here:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/northstar/1.html

The DAC is 16 months old, imported by me directly from the manufacturer in December 2016. Functional condition is perfect. Cosmetically it has a smudge on the face plate and a small scratch near the Northstar logo, not visible from listening position, otherwise in perfect condition. I have also attached pictures showing close-ups of these marks.

It retails for $ 3200, and in India, one would need to add shipping and duty, which I did. I am expecting Rs. 1,40,000 plus shipping at buyer's risk anywhere in India. You can PM me with questions, if any.

Cheers!

IMG_20180426_175613_HHT.jpg IMG_20180426_175631.jpg IMG_20180426_175750.jpg IMG_20180426_175931.jpg

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Fiftyfifty

Just to clarify, I have the following:
Original box
Original power cord

Like many other high end audio components, the unit does not come with a remote.

Cheers!

Fiftyfifty

I believe I have priced this reasonably, but am open to offers. No low-balling though.

The DAC is in perfect working condition, has never been opened or repaired, and is still within the 2 year manufacturer's warranty.

Fiftyfifty

This is what Tim Smith writes in his 6moons review:
"I simply suspect that with this $3,299 DAC, we are getting close to the best one can buy for under $7'500. Full, warm, with exceptionally deep bass and delivered fast: this was the Supremo's sonic signature. For some, this DAC may prove to be an end game product, realizing most of their sonic goals most of the time, offering up enough warmth to satisfy their inner vinyl spinner and enough resolution to satisfy their craving for detail retrieval."

And here are some of its unique technical features:
# Asynchronous USB Hi-speed Audio 2.0 compliant
# Native DSD 2.8 - 11.2 Mbits/s and 384 Khz - 32 bit on USB
# DAC ESS Sabre flagship ES 9018 in double balanced configuration
# Advanced i2s port supports PCM until 384-32 and native DSD
# AES/EBU input
# Separated shielded toroidal transformers for analogue and digital sections
# Balanced and unbalanced analogue outputs
# Discrete components with very low noise matched transistors
# WBT Nextgen RCA connectors
# Neutrik gold plated XLR connectors

PM me if you need more information!

Fiftyfifty

PRICE CUT (INEED THE MONEY):

WILL LET GO FOR Rs. 1.10 LACS.
ITS A STEAL FOR AN ITALIAN AUDIOPHILE DAC THAT COSTS MORE THAN RS. 3 LACS NEW!

Status
Not open for further replies.