Not getting into Yamaha RXV-667 - Firmware update mode

jagdish_p

Hi,
I am unable to do a firmware update or even Check the existing Firmware version.
The following procedures are not working for me. (Instructions given in RXA800_Firmware_Update_Ver_2.05 pdf)

I did the following as instructed:
1 Put Amp into standby mode by pressing the power button.
2 Whilst it's in standby pressed the straight button, and then without letting go of the straight button pressed the power button.
3 Now I am able to see the Advanced Menu option for a few seconds on the screen of the Amp which changes to SP Imp change option almost immediately
4 Releasing the straight button immediately after getting advanced Menu option and holding the Tone button for more then 3 secs does not show the firmware version nor does holding the Info button for 3 secs give me CDDA Upgrader option .
In both cases the AVR goes into Speaker Impedence Change menu option and SP Imp 8 Ohms Min is displayed

Any one who did the Firmware update ? Please help
Thanks

Yes mine is a US model.
There are no release notes provided in the Literature except for a brief mention that the latest version 2.05 improves stability with 3D signals from DirecTV set-top boxes.

Of course 3D is really not applicable to India. But I do not even know what version I have on my AVR - and there might have been other updates in between which I missed.

At last I was able to update. My original version was 1.14 and now its 2.05- Haven't been able to find any release notes on what all improvements are incorporated.

In any case below is the procedure to be followed.

The manual Says:
"ENTER FIRMWARE UPDATE MODE
Plug in the AC power cable of the AV receiver.
Press and hold the [STRAIGHT] button on the front panel and keep it pressed
while you press the [STANDBY/ON] button. Once the front panel displays
"Advance Setup", release the [STRAIGHT] button. Then, press and hold the
[INFO] button for about 3 seconds until front panel displays CDDA Upgrader.
Now your AV receiver is ready for firmware update"

You need to release both the Straight button as well as power button and then press Info button for 3 Secs. Initially I was continuing to hold the power button and pressing Info button and not getting through Dont know whether I was stupid or the manual was stupid.

Tried updating through Firmware burnt as Audio CD through my Pioneer DVD player optical out. Dint work. Finally got it when I played through WD TV optical.

Not very sure. But I think the SQ of AAC encoded Movie improved. Don't know whether its real or my eagerness to look for improvements.
In any case its good to know that I have the latest Firmware:lol:

Not very sure. But I think the SQ of AAC encoded Movie improved. Don't know whether its real or my eagerness to look for improvements.
In any case its good to know that I have the latest Firmware:lol:

Well aac is not decoded by 667,then is it real improvement?:p

BTW is it possible to eliminate the external step down transformer for the American model by changing the tappings of the internal mains transformer?

Have you come across any such modification info.
Thanks

Ok got it . So it's only my ears playing tricks:sad:

Any way the new FW IMPROVES STABILITY WITH 3D SIGNALS FROM DIRECTV only & no other notes available.So no use for Asian models.Anyway thanks for posting the procedure.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back